• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2289.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	777757

Well thats a wrap for harvest 2017 in our area.

We finished Sunday and then most others finished the last three days with Soy the last crop coming off. More about soy in review of year.

On politics is it just me or WTF is happening in this country. We have Federal Ministers who JT appointed to run big departments because of Equality yet they have no education or would only be able to run check out counters at McDonalds. Really this guy has got to go. Nafta Trump will cancel. Also with Trudeau's Carbon tax and his Tax changes for small business and start ups. Basically most would be better to start up in USA and forget about home.

JT your FIRED! Fairies and Unicorns don't work in the real world. Smoke a Joint and forget about how you destroyed Canada.

So here it is.

No rain this week just a few spits that stalled harvest then started up and we were able to finish. Spits just spits at night but it dampened the top just enough to slow harvest down.

Harvest is real easy to explain some did well some did great some did exceptional. Early seeders got burnt with timing of the two in crop rains. Barley and HRS have best grades in years. Canola off at very dry early to just right later harvested. Peas were good and guys will stay with peas and drop soy way back. Soy i said we stopped this year as it can't give consistent yields in our area. You need rain in July and august to keep big yields. Yes varieties are getting better but big risk if it fails. Like Trudeau its just not ready. When it gets their we will do 1000 Soy 1000 peas and 4000 canola 4000 HRS. Early start to harvest with peas then do your wheat as clean up crop then canola as value and soy as value for later harvest. But I just got tired of being the Sucker that grows soy and finds the best variety for the company so they can make money on seed and your success later on. Remember this short season soy isn't invented for Canada its so USA farmers can harvest their Winter wheat buy June 27th and still seed a second crop of soy that makes it. Canada is just some extra seed sales.

Since harvest is over and over real early for our area. Last year it was Nov 26th for us and lots in our area.

Most farmers, no actually every single guy is either out with swather cutting slough and burning or landscaping water runs or working fields end to end or on pro till lemkin kelly or even digging out the old disc, discer or Cult. We have one rig with blade and sc****r. One on Heavy harrow, one on Kelly and me spraying. All sloughs we cut strait through and put through combine if it wasn't to big but some will be burnt.

Name:	IMG_2375.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	777758

Real funny thing most are talking about how nice it is to actually have a dry year that enables us to get our land back to where it use to be. How nice it is to have useless flats that flooded acres for years back. How beavers are leaving and maybe geese damage will be a thing of the past. For our area the dry year is a blessing. Some might not get it what i mean but when your workboot has been rubber boots for so many years and moss grows on the ground dry is actually a blessing.

Again all are burning working and ripping fields.

Oh for hunting it will be a good year for moose.

Name:	IMG_2379.jpg
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	777759

Rain fall so far since September is way less than the 4 inches we need to get the ground back to normal but its a start. Enough to get some top growth and we are spraying. fields.

Its fun to actually get stuff ready for winter instead of finish and it snows the next day and then your putting shit away in mud and wet snow.

Have a great week enjoy the weather and those still harvesting i have been harvesting in November most years or last week in October every year in last 15 plus.

Be safe and remember the ones at home are way more important than any crop.

Oh yea one more thing i phoned yesterday to find the old PFRA pump and Fill our buro pit for next years season. Well after about ten calls a lady told me it was all sold last spring.

So either Brads AG minister is a moron or JT and who ever got rid of this one thing that had value. But i guess a book on proper water management etc is easier to do than something of substance.

Useless government programs.

She did mention i could look in the phone book and rent a high capacity pump from a number of centres in city. Yea spend 10000 to fill a pit that snow probably will fill this winter. We used the pump maybe three times since the sixties. But it did have a value.

Comment

I guess it’s park the sprayer in th heat shop and go Harrow

Comment

Think Brad Wall would sell his mother if he could shove a few big cheques to the shysters!

Comment

I guess we should bring back STC sum

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            I guess it’s park the sprayer in th heat shop and go Harrow
            We winterized the sprayer two weeks ago because it was freezing. They were calling for -7 tonight but raised it a couple of degrees. Snow was starting to disappear but clouds came back so it's sticking around another day.

25% done here and hope to get going soon since most of our cereals are still standing. Dryer is able to catch up and do some fixing I guess.

Comment

Field Kelly harrowed in low areas that were flooded now heavy Harrow and we’re ready for spring.

Comment

Sprayed the farm.and done fertilizing yesterday..today was a wash the equipment day..
                2 more weeks then bring on the snowballs.need a good winter of sledding.

Comment

Two more weeks is what i need to get everything in ship shape. Even going to get a track hoe and dig our water pit bigger for next year. landscaping starts next week. Spraying is almost done maybe some on monday and tuesday when it warms up.

Name:	IMG_2399.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	766043

But the wide open fields back is the main reason farmers are happy in our area. Finally were maybe getting our chance.

Comment

SF3....If you spray next week, you need your head examined! Minus nine here now and supposedly minus ten in Regina..... WTF could possibly be alive after this!

...or is this a "soft frost"...LOL!
                    Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 13, 2017, 07:09.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      SF3....If you spray next week, you need your head examined! Minus nine here now and supposedly minus ten in Regina..... WTF could possibly be alive after this!

...or is this a "soft frost"...LOL!
                      Everyrhing green here yet gonna start spraying next week
                      Heres a simple test for the non believers , farma . Take a garden sprayer with roundup . Go out WHEN its minus 9 or the next day or the day after and spray a spot on your lawn . You will find out what WAS alive next spring . Your wife wont be happy and you will be in shit
                      Last edited by caseih; Oct 13, 2017, 07:31.

Comment

Hoping for snow like we had way back in the day. Let it rain buckets, we are in a very dry situation. I would rather go around sloughs then have a year like we just had.

Comment

Oddly, after a hard frost everything seemed to burn better after afew days of dry weather...its desiccatedby frost. Or how it kills beans and flax for an easier harvest. I will have to trust you on this one caseih.

The plants around here were already looking kinda sickly... maybe a combination of dry and being nipped by frosts already. I find dandelions and sow thistle leaves are very tender and don't tolerate much frost. Canada thistle... different story. Winter annuals are called that because of what they do tolerate.

Peas diquatted, then went back with glypho
                          Flax preharvested
                          and then only did about 25% of the rest of the farm. There was basically nothing there to spray or so little that it hardly made sense. It has been too dry since harvest to kickstart much of any new growth,

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            Oddly, after a hard frost everything seemed to burn better after afew days of dry weather...its desiccatedby frost. Or how it kills beans and flax for an easier harvest. I will have to trust you on this one caseih.

The plants around here were already looking kinda sickly... maybe a combination of dry and being nipped by frosts already. I find dandelions and sow thistle leaves are very tender and don't tolerate much frost. Canada thistle... different story. Winter annuals are called that because of what they do tolerate.

Peas diquatted, then went back with glypho
                            Flax preharvested
                            and then only did about 25% of the rest of the farm. There was basically nothing there to spray or so little that it hardly made sense. It has been too dry since harvest to kickstart much of any new growth,
                            No were not going to spray it all either. Too dry and very little growing. Had 2.5" in the last 2-3 weeks but the growing season is over . Dessicated peas barley wheat canary and clover. So in good shape here if we didnt do anymore . But for anyone that needs to spray. Dont be scared to go until the ground is hard

Comment

I’m just doing one tank on a field that I wasn’t happy with then park as only missed 2000 acres. Today landscaping begins

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.