• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sears canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sears canada

Why doesn't Justin give sears a few hundred million like bombardier gets on a regular basis. I'm not in favor of it but if you do it for one you do it for everybody.

because he doesn't make one cent off them ?

Comment

Must have been decades of poor management at sears or maybe just bad timing. The sears catalogue was just pre Internet online sales, should have been an easy transition for a company like that but instead pushed into the big box store retail market. It seems sad to lose a piece of Canadian history, always remember being excited to get the Christmas wishbook catalogue to ogle all the toys

Comment

I'll answer this question right after I get back from renting a movie from Blockbuster.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
          Why doesn't Justin give sears a few hundred million like bombardier gets on a regular basis. I'm not in favor of it but if you do it for one you do it for everybody.

I am afraid you are working under the illusion that he actually gives a shit about this country. You must either croak like a frog or walk around with a table cloth on your head, to get his attention. Do both and he will give you a cabinet position!

Comment

Votes

Comment

Had a chuckle today when I heard someone say that the Sears Catalog women's lingerie section was the equivalent to a Mennonite's PlayBoy.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                Had a chuckle today when I heard someone say that the Sears Catalog women's lingerie section was the equivalent to a Mennonite's PlayBoy.
                Omfg. Speechless 😝

Comment

Times change .....anyone remember Eatons demise....

We live in an Eaton house....and from what I hear people talk about their catalog house. ....you could order it .....

Our appliances were all bought from sears home store.....and delivered to the local depot. .....

Amazing that this can go bad so quick....either we shopped there or we used their services....

Now where do you go.....or does an upstart try to fill the gap left....

Does Canadian tire pick up the slack?

Comment

I think it is either the credit stores like the Brick then after they have broke their buyers they go to the discount stores.

Comment

They were just to expensive, too high a overhead, Times have changed.
                      I have many many fond memories.
                      A good lesson, or minder for all of us.

Comment

Its the simple age old lesson ;
                        Change with change , or change will change you out

Comment

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
                          http://www.quintenews.com/2017/10/local-contractor-wants-sears-pay/159313/

It begins to sink in. A lot of locals who were breathing a sigh of relief that they don't work there are realizing that it's a whole lot more than just Sears employees that will be affected, including a local office supply place that cut credit off to the warehouse at $250,000 earlier this year because Sears was dragging out payment when they had a $500,000 limit...
                          Now to see how much of the $250,000 they get

Comment

Sears failure was their own fault. When they dumped the tool line you knew it was an act of desperation. If the likes of giant tiger is expanding it surely isn't about quality goods. It's about cheap goods and service. Seems that's all that'll be all that's left. Junky discount chains.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.