• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kabuli prices?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kabuli prices?

Will the price of Kabulis climb much more? I see the price for No 1 Grade Kabuli Chickpeas 10mm is up to 32.50 in some locations.

Jason

Thought I would provide the link for Stat publishing daily prices.

http://www.statpub.com/stat/prices/spotbid.html

Will leave old crop alone/seek others comments. New crop advice on chickpeas starts off with an Canadian acreage decline again in 2004. Risk and disease keep chasing acres lower.

Nothing exciting on desis with comment that yellow peas are likely a better bet unless you are in the deep south/on brown soil (then lentils may be a better choice). High tannins make desis a less desireable feed choice if they don't make grade specification.

If you have the length of season, enough stress to stop kabulis from growing forever and can keep away from the disease side, large seeded kabulis have potential in the new crop year. Smaller volumes mean a higher percentage targeted at the higher valued markets that have been developed in the past. The issue is risk and profitability given higher costs.

Small seeded kabulis. Somewhere in between. Don't hear that much about these markets anymore.

What are others thoughts?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.