• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disease Survey

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disease Survey

Did anyone have issues in their cereals with fusarium
    Root rots or leaf diseases in pulses
    Sclerotinia or clubroot in their canola
    Pasmo in flax
    Any disease showing up in soybeans

Not everywhere was super-dry. How did the crops fair in areas that had rains? We had basically no disease pressure. Not a drop of fungicide applied on this farm and would have been a dead cost if we did(no ROI).

Zero fusarium in wheat and barley. Wheat had a bit of wheat stem maggot. Zero schlerotina in canola, here but it was around the area. Our heaviest soybeans have a bit of white mould. But experienced bean growers say, "where there's mould, there's gold".

Comment

I wonder about the gluten strength in the varieties of wht that are getting moved to new class. This should be a good year to see if it had more to do with growing conditions and elev shipping at bottom of grades like some clsim or if in fact variety issue like some claim?

Anyone doing tests? Cgc said at one time it was unfounded but then implemented anyways.

Comment

Very good question wmoebis.....I have a small amount of Lillian wheat from a couple years ago and my last crop this year.....where to send for gluten test?

Comment

Disease pressure in peas min, canola can only find a plant in about a thousand. But we had plots with no fungicide on HRs and with and only difference was wheat yield and plumpness was better even in a dry year.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Very good question wmoebis.....I have a small amount of Lillian wheat from a couple years ago and my last crop this year.....where to send for gluten test?
            Cgc will do it costs over $200.00. Not sure if they do regular checks or how they came up with knowing that certain varieties were low. Should be available if they do.

Still don't see why gluten stength couldn't have been shipping spec instead of making whole new class. Like protien have to meet shipping spec.

Kinda reminds me of 4 cwrs grade. Knee jerk reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              Disease pressure in peas min, canola can only find a plant in about a thousand. But we had plots with no fungicide on HRs and with and only difference was wheat yield and plumpness was better even in a dry year.
              That may be but by my math need a 4 bushel gain to have made it break even.

Comment

Have some fuzz in utmost wheat. Border line 1..glad only had 36 acres of it.zero in titanium.

Comment

Root rots showed up this year in lentils and durum fields. Easy to tell where the root rots were at harvest ,nothing but weeds. Other than that very little.
                  Last edited by TASFarms; Sep 19, 2017, 20:04. Reason: Wrong word

Comment

The guys that sprayed fungicide around here this year had FANTASTIC results! No fuzz, no root rot, nothing!

Comment

Can you explain how or what fungicide eliminated root rot ? Or are you being sarcastic ? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Can you explain how or what fungicide eliminated root rot ? Or are you being sarcastic ? Just curious.
                        Tongue firmly in cheek. Those that sprayed here had wonderous results... So did the guys who didnt.

Comment

Lol , thought so

Comment

I was going to responde to furrow's post, then thought nope...let helmsdale explain his intent.....it is what I figured.

I find it disturbing Chem Cos are starting to promote the use of fungicides under ANY conditions. Then they wonder about resistance....it's just irre-****ing-sponsible. Oh yeah, then they can sell you the new more expensive chemistry when the old chemistry is no longer effective.

Maybe some places there would have been economic benefits. ..sure as hell not here!
                            Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 20, 2017, 19:48.

Comment

I can't answer any questions in regards to the current project.

Based upon acres of organic in western Canada, my guess they will need to buy acres to fill the plant with organic.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone..if you are still harvesting good fortune.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.