• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impressive harvest action video - Monette Farms by EpicJib Aerial Media

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive harvest action video - Monette Farms by EpicJib Aerial Media

Some terrific camera work and editing of a great time of year.
    Enjoy. Have a safe harvest everyone.

Real Nice video.

Crops look poor this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      Real Nice video.

Crops look poor this year.
      Yep 70000 or is it 90000acres now X $100/acre loss. -$9million

Comment

Impressive operation to say the least .
        Poor crops or not .
        Looks like the grain was going in the grain tank more than well enough.
        Awesome yard .

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          Yep 70000 or is it 90000acres now X $100/acre loss. -$9million
          Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that chickpeas they are combining?
          If so that grain cart load is worth 87k

Iceman Out

Comment

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I just see a bland, sterile, lifeless, chemical, industrial and mechanical scene.
            What klause was talking about in another thread leads me to this image of a healthy, sustainable landscape in which we produce our food. You'll maybe have to google it to expand and read the detail.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 7.20.18 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	765999

Comment

The interesting thing here is that this video is shot on the "smallest" part of the farm operation I believe. If you think that's impressive you haven't seen the rest of the operation.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I just see a bland, sterile, lifeless, chemical, industrial and mechanical scene.
                What klause was talking about in another thread leads me to this image of a healthy, sustainable landscape in which we produce our food. You'll maybe have to google it to expand and read the detail.
                [ATTACH]2124[/ATTACH]
                Grass what a stupid jealous comment. Just because there is lots of combines in a field its lifeless and sterile. If there was 1 it's ok? You don't even know how they farm. Just can't see past them end of your nose. That comment really shows your character. Pathetic
                As far as the video I assume they run everyone together for the video because it's so inefficient to run that big of a crew. Most of the big guys in southern Alberta have gone to splitting up the crews. Very seldom will you see more then 6 combines running together.
                Last edited by vvalk; Sep 15, 2017, 08:25.

Comment

Thought they were doing soybeans? Maybe not as I see there outta Swift.

Here's their website, [URL="http://www.monettefarms.ca/"]http://www.monettefarms.ca/[/URL]

What's bigger than a BTO? Need a new acronym.

Comment

Bland, sterile and lifeless is kind of what John Palliser's take was on the area too

Comment

grasshat, "Bland, sterile and lifeless"

Just what I want,,, when I'm straight cutting!

Comment

Sort of explains why Trudeau wants a piece of the action.....

At one time all that land was farmed by many families that made a community where rinks were alive in the winter and baseball fields in the summer...along with full school enrollments adding additional people with full staff. ...

It's great to look at and not jealous but there is a bigger story than just 12 perfectly spaced GPS controlled combines....

Some are missing the point. ....

One thought....efficiency will make this a Bland, sterile and lifeless landscape as Captain John Palliser predicted. ....
                        Last edited by bucket; Sep 15, 2017, 08:17.

Comment

That is a very impressive outfit. The only farms that run more then 2 combines around here are the huts.

I don't get the dramatic soundtrack though. Yes, we see you are a big show but the music seems like overkill.

Comment

bucket, farmers didn't choose to get bigger and bigger. I'm an average sized farm(or maybe used to be), and we operate the land of 7-8 old farms.

Governments, both federally and globally, the U.N. etc have had a "cheap food policy" my whole 40 year farming career. The policy has continually forced the smallest of farms to give up and sell out, and anybody bigger to cannibalize them, simply to stay economically viable. For the longest time the EU and the USA had farm policy and programs to keep small farms going, but even that changed.

Equipment manufactures and chem suppliers et al have a business model that is not attached to the cheap food policy, hence if you want equipment, even used, you'll have to expand your land base to justify it.

Comment

Good points dannyw1m....but isn't government policy dictating where farms go....this latest tax suggested by Trudeau will push more farms out....

Then think of your own operation...who could afford to buy you out if it was decided that way?

Not saying big or small farms are the right thing....it just seems trusted neighbors are farther apart.....and it leaves an uneasy feeling...

To be clear....trusted neighbors mean you can talk openly without them trying to buy you out the next day....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.