• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class 9 combines .. ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class 9 combines .. ?

Was not sure what to expect with the combine but before I get jumped on ... disclaimer - we went from two combines to one . Dad is 78 and can not help any more so we went to one larger combine .

Anyway , doing peas with it , running a 45 ft flex knife d****r . After 2 1/2 days I am averaging 25..3 ac / hr at 16.8 gal / hr
    Average combine capacity is at 1108 bus / hr . The header can handle 45 bus peas at 6.2 to 6.5 mph . Did have it up to 1400 bus / hr for a few hrs. It's a Case 3165.
    Not sure if that's good , bad or average compared to other class 9 's ??
    Definitely better than the class 7's we had . I know we will never replace two , that was not the intent.
    Usually peas it's the header that's the limiting factor , but this one I can feed the combine it seems ..... so far .
    Hopefully get into wheat today .
    Going to start swathing the first field of canola seeded with the Horsch planter today as well .
    No great crops , but ok to below average in this small pocket so far .

So was it because of insane costs of new. I just got price for three new Deere delivered after fall 2.1 mill last time i purchased three years ago 1.5.

But if i lease it doesn't matter they tell me its just a cost per acre. So rent more acres work way harder to keep the Equipment and Chem and Fert companies in business. When will this nightmare end.

Yea the forcing thing wasn't worth 1.5 let alone 2.1 now.

Equipment like seed is totally nuts. Totally.

Oh new Denali cash no trade just over 70 fully loaded yea prices do come down when their is no sales.

Farmers wake up let Deere Case Massey Class etc all stit on shit. Some one still has to pay the difference.

Comment

$375 per sep. hour?

Comment

case combine ?

Comment

yah but JD now has a camera in the tailings return, that's got to be worth trading up. better get your order in early, they could be sold out by next summer.

Comment

One combine is the shits....when its down nothing is getting done.

Have to become a BTO with multiple units on lease and then its only a cost per acre number....who wants to own highly depreciating "assets" anyway...sarcasm.

Comment

CaseIH , ya a 9240

Comment

Agree farma , but it is what it is for this year .

Comment

Furrow, curious what height control do you have? My conclusion is that you must have flat stone free land or your peas are standing much better than mine. Just started yesterday, have a new to me 2014 30ft honeybee full load with headsight height control. Follows the ground very well. Going 4.5 mph, my son says it will cut at 6 easily but more comfortable at 4.5. Mounted on a CR 9070 which has been re-programmed to 510 hp. Anyway very impressed you can cut at that speed in peas.

Sask3, so 3 new S-790 combines $700000 a piece. You didn't subtract out your trade ins. What would 3 New Holland 9.10's be worth? I find New Hollands throw over less grain. When my son and I go deer hunting in the fall always go to the John Deere and Case fields lol. Seriously though, nothing wrong with Deere's but on all new machinery the price makes absolutely no cents. With land rent $90 and up and the cost of inputs and machinery mighty big gamble.

Comment

Agree the New Hollands are very good , better than Deer or Case for rotor / thresher loss .
                    Lexion combines last fall crushed all makes here last fall in all crops but peas.

Comment

Fairly flat , a few small hog backs - have to slow down to 4 mph ish for the header to react on the sharper knolls and water runs . Peas are standing well yes .

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                          So was it because of insane costs of new. I just got price for three new Deere delivered after fall 2.1 mill last time i purchased three years ago 1.5.

But if i lease it doesn't matter they tell me its just a cost per acre. So rent more acres work way harder to keep the Equipment and Chem and Fert companies in business. When will this nightmare end.

Yea the forcing thing wasn't worth 1.5 let alone 2.1 now.

Equipment like seed is totally nuts. Totally.

Oh new Denali cash no trade just over 70 fully loaded yea prices do come down when their is no sales.

Farmers wake up let Deere Case Massey Class etc all stit on shit. Some one still has to pay the difference.
                          Why would you quote the top line of the swap. No one really cares if its 1.5 to 2.5 mil. What's the net difference and how much per threshing hr?

You always have to talk big S3, hence the comment on the Denali. What anyone would buy that...

I guess its all ego for some, for others that are extremely successful and wish to treat themselves, good for them.

Its the "show from the road" and extreme debt on the inside that scares me

Comment

Originally posted by Richard5 View Post
                            Why would you quote the top line of the swap.
                            Boasting and bullshitting as usual. "Poor me" all summer because it was a drought like no one had ever experienced apart from SF3, now he's harvesting and claiming he was less than an inch off getting "insane" ie great crops. "Toot toot who is like me?" now's he's ordering up 3 new combines right away, top of the range, millions of dollars and he's complaining about that too.
                            I find you an arrogant and obnoxious fool SF3.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                              Furrow, curious what height control do you have? My conclusion is that you must have flat stone free land or your peas are standing much better than mine. Just started yesterday, have a new to me 2014 30ft honeybee full load with headsight height control. Follows the ground very well. Going 4.5 mph, my son says it will cut at 6 easily but more comfortable at 4.5. Mounted on a CR 9070 which has been re-programmed to 510 hp. Anyway very impressed you can cut at that speed in peas.

Sask3, so 3 new S-790 combines $700000 a piece. You didn't subtract out your trade ins. What would 3 New Holland 9.10's be worth? I find New Hollands throw over less grain. When my son and I go deer hunting in the fall always go to the John Deere and Case fields lol. Seriously though, nothing wrong with Deere's but on all new machinery the price makes absolutely no cents. With land rent $90 and up and the cost of inputs and machinery mighty big gamble.
                              I can pretty much tell you what sask 3 is getting quoted difference probably around 150,000+ difference per machine to upgrade 2 years

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.