• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another combine parts story

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another combine parts story

Putting a new feeder chain in my CR 9070. Has over 1100 threshing hours so it needs the top sprockets replaced. Going to replace top shaft bearings as well. Heavy bearing, double row ball bearing. Much to my amazement skf Japanese made bearing but 300 dollars. I said pardon! Went to my favourite local bearing shop and he could get the skf bearing but there is none to be had. So he checks another supplier, German made bearing ***(actual name not being intolerant). He can get me this bearing for 58.92, I almost fell over. How the f#^k does CNH justify selling a bearing I can get for 60 dollars for 300? Some days I am surprised my blood pressure isn't throught the roof! On the plus side on my old CR 960 the top shaft bearings were made in China!

Always seems to be huge discrepancy in prices when dealing with bearings......especially with any CNH or other Ag companies markup.

Comment

The sodomy is getting unreal. I would like to tell this whole Industry to go **** themselves.

Comment

I think you just did. ....hahaha....

no lube for you....from the parts nazis....a play on Seinfeld episode...don't take offense anyone.

Wheatheart seal kit for a cylinder has been quoted from 30 bucks to over 100....jesus Christ.....
        Last edited by bucket; Aug 17, 2017, 07:52.

Comment

I have found a $400 difference in the same parts between two different Case dealerships in the past.

Comment

It has gotten beyond ridiculous now
            At all dealerships

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              It has gotten beyond ridiculous now
              At all dealerships
              red green yellow are out of control , agco does surprise pleasantly on some parts

Comment

Whatever you guys do, don't price out a xenon hid bulb through cnh..... $750 or $25 for 2 through amazon.

Comment

....time to open a wrecking yard?

Comment

We make a trip to the states every year. We make one big order for poly skid plates, knives, sections and other wear items. This year saved over 3,000 Can on a 3,500 order.

Get it shipped to Havre and my brother picks it up when camping at Cypress hills.

Guards on JD flex are $36 Cdn at the dealer. $14.99 usd in states.

Small poly 11.99 usd vs 41 cdn. Full 35ft knife no head. 899 usd and about 2100 Cdn.

Flipping ripoff

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                      We make a trip to the states every year. We make one big order for poly skid plates, knives, sections and other wear items. This year saved over 3,000 Can on a 3,500 order.

Get it shipped to Havre and my brother picks it up when camping at Cypress hills.

Guards on JD flex are $36 Cdn at the dealer. $14.99 usd in states.

Small poly 11.99 usd vs 41 cdn. Full 35ft knife no head. 899 usd and about 2100 Cdn.

Flipping ripoff
                      But the U.S. Dealership is losing money!

Comment

Stateside a little further for me. May I ask, duty? gst? border any issues? Thanx.

Comment

Dealership margins on equipment have shrunk in the last few years in order to get as much new equipment out there as possible. Once you buy the iron they know they have you on the hook for a majority of the parts you will need to buy over that machines life cycle. Hence the high margin.

Other side of the coin, there are lot of parts that most dealers have to sit on for years at a time. The cost of holding those and letting them depreciate or become outdated isn't cheap.

Comment

There is no doubt in my mind that they are engineering combines to fail around 1000 threshing hours. Tricks like thin metal in the throat, poorly designed small stonetraps, light concaves, light feeder houses and weak shoes. The manufacturers know the wear points but its not in their interest to manufacture a combine that lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                              There is no doubt in my mind that they are engineering combines to fail around 1000 threshing hours. Tricks like thin metal in the throat, poorly designed small stonetraps, light concaves, light feeder houses and weak shoes. The manufacturers know the wear points but its not in their interest to manufacture a combine that lasts.
                              Absolutely true! Cones on case ih machines....LOL! What a joke.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.