• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meridian or brandt

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meridian or brandt

Looking at a 13x70 brandt or 12x72 meridian.
    Meridian is 2700 cheaper.
    Brandt rated at more bushels per hr.both have all options.
    JD will not take a trade..meridian dealer will take our 10x60 brandt..pros and cons?

We have a Brandt. At the time we compared the two, the Brandt had a longer hopper....which is a good thing. Are they still longer? The damn thing(13X70) is like a second truck. We use Sakundiaks/Meridians for loading out of bins.

If I had a message for Brandt----widen your scope of dealers!!!! Why almost only JD stores....may as well sell your company to them so they can paint it green and call it their own!
    Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 9, 2017, 22:43.

Comment

Have both. (12x85, 13x90) Love the Brandt. Faster, quieter, more trouble free hours. No comparison.

Comment

The HP with the tapered throats are a lot faster. Wouldn't have one without now.

Comment

Buy the Brandt

Comment

We run brandts just saying have had others always back to brandt. They can build good augers. Now grain carts i would go back to what we use to have on next one.

Comment

Definetely the brantd . Really well built and dependable . We have two . We fooled around with westeel and sakundiak(worst auger we ever had , slow and small hopper). Buy the brandt and put your old one on kijjji

Comment

Was looking at swings too, where's Farm King in this debate?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  Definetely the brantd . Really well built and dependable . We have two . We fooled around with westeel and sakundiak(worst auger we ever had , slow and small hopper). Buy the brandt and put your old one on kijjji
                  Why didn't you like the Westfield?

Comment

Depending on your situation of course. Consider an 85' if you can. New bin builds taller. Longer trailer unloads.

Comment

Also, the power winch option. And remote swing operation. My brandt 14 years old and had to add all that stuff later.
                      Camera and full bin alarm too.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                        It was ok but just not built like a tank like brantd. Very fast though like the brantd. We went from it to the sakundiak. What a dissapountment that was , slower than the second coming .The westfield actually tipped in a wind , the wheel stance is a lot narrower also

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                          There is not enough time to describe the faults of the Westfield. Including the fact the don't have time to do warrantee repairs and blah blah blah.
                          Do not buy a Westfield.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                            There is not enough time to describe the faults of the Westfield. Including the fact the don't have time to do warrantee repairs and blah blah blah.
                            Do not buy a Westfield.
                            Quite a few westfields around here. I have a 10 inch swing away and its been good to me with one exception while it was still under warranty. The store where I bought it picked it up and returned it to get the warranty work done. I was impressed. Just my experience.

Comment

Just sold a 12x72 meridian after 750,000-1,000,000 bushels. Very happy with the reliability of it. One bushing and one chain thats it. HOWEVER........ not at all happy with capacity!! Had a 10x70 brandt before it and the meridian did not have much more capacity. Purchased a 13x80 Brandt hp and it has way more capacity. Very happy with the Brandt! It was more money but worth every penny imo.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.