• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola bugs or disease?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola bugs or disease?

Any thoughts on what caused this in our canola? Or is it extreme heat?

DROUGHT...heat blast

or a bit of sulfur deficiency?

Comment

A. Heat
      B. Weevil's
      C. Worms
      D. No rain
      E. All of the above

My pick is E.

Comment

Aster yellows and heat

Comment

But still a 19 plus mmt crop....right everyone?
          Last edited by bucket; Aug 6, 2017, 09:51.

Comment

Dry at the wrong time.
            Then to hot at the wrong time..

Comment

Flower bast from heat main culprit.
              But a bit of all the above , I agree

Comment

Suffering from a whole lot of hot a whole little of wet

Comment

Where's the crop tour group to declare the one fat pod the makings of a bumper crop?

Comment

With only one single rain event of any significance all season maybe that is the bulge middle of the pod

Comment

Lol....this is from a low spot with adequate moisture and by the looks of it a poor plant population(frost damage) ...a stark difference from what probably 90% of the rest of our crop looks like.

But had to post it, so some people can say; see, I told you it wasn't as bad as you said it was". And yup, it could be worse!.... even in the shitty spots!

Comment

Europe is suffering the same weather pattern as Southern Sask. Watch those grain prices. If the Aussies and Europe and I dunno about S. America, could be many hungry mouths to feed.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          Europe is suffering the same weather pattern as Southern Sask. Watch those grain prices. If the Aussies and Europe and I dunno about S. America, could be many hungry mouths to feed.
                          That's okay the USA even in drought or flood, has a a record crop to ruin any chance of higher prices...
                          Or Brazil, two crops per year, or China with BS crop reports to BUY CHEAP!

Comment

I think there are going to be some amazing pricing opportunities AFTER HARVEST and the following marketing year. We are going to need decent prices to make up for less quantity.

But shhhhh.... there are no supply issues! What is disturbing is how fast things can turn around....from adequate and over supplied markets to holy shit Houston there might be a problem.

Comment

Must be the growers screw up!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.