• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NB to buy back the JBS feedlot

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NB to buy back the JBS feedlot

An interesting news story on my inbox tonight...
    NBI is buying back the Brooks feedlot for an apparent $50 million.

[URL="https://www.country-guide.ca/daily/nilsson-bros-to-buy-back-jbs-feedlot-for-50-million?utm_source=GFM+Publications&utm_campaign=c 4779b5ac6-Country+Guide+daily+enews+west+Jul+15%2C+2017&utm_ medium=email&utm_term=0_2da8244677-c4779b5ac6-88139201"]https://www.country-guide.ca/daily/nilsson-bros-to-buy-back-jbs-feedlot-for-50-million?utm_source=GFM+Publications&utm_campaign=c 4779b5ac6-Country+Guide+daily+enews+west+Jul+15%2C+2017&utm_ medium=email&utm_term=0_2da8244677-c4779b5ac6-88139201[/URL]

Yep, saw that too. Wonder what the racket is this time? Sold the plant and the feedlot for $100 million and now buy the feedlot back for $50 million. Doesn't make sense.

Comment

One minute NB is flatter than piss on a plate then they're buying back. WTF? The official story JBS needs to raise money to pay fines for bribery. Unofficially it's anyone's guess.

Comment

From one scandalous owner to another and back again. Great. What next......

Comment

I was surprised that NB bought, but more so because the feeding industry is not high profit (although they are in a good run right now). I think there have been lots over the last 3 years that could have been bought for much less cost per head. As well, with cattle supplies approaching lows in Canada I can't see how they won't have to actually bid for the cattle to fill the lot, especially since they have a lot less market ownership than in the past. It will be interesting times. I do think that if we had lost that capacity it would not have been a good thing.

Comment

Is it a case of JBS sub contracting their captive supply arrangement because they desperately need to raise some cash to pay their fines? I still wonder in NB ever paid for the plant/feedlot in the first place? If I remember right it was a $100 million deal when NB bought from Lakeside but they only had to put down $50 million ish with the rest to be paid at some future date. Then JBS bought it from NB for $100 million. Now NB are buying the feedlot back for $50 million. Would take a bit of forensic accounting to figure out what has really gone on in these deals.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...