• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's this for a crop?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some times you get the shower and you look like the best farmer in the area the next time you get shit all and its like WTF happened.

Ill be honest if we miss the july rain we are not going to do very well either. So far two tents in two rains over two nights. Sat and sunday.

I guess this weeks crop report will show a drop big time.

Comment

Wasn't lotto max or maximillions, but we were in the middle of a 1"-1.25" rain last night, I'd say 20 miles by 30 miles. Will keep things going for another week of heat.
      BTW, I'm not apologizing for something that is random and beyond my control.

Comment

Don't worry about apologizing rain is rain and when it comes to a area its great. Your very fortunate and yes that will go a long way for the next week of heat.

Comment

I gotta admit I'm with tweety on this one. How can anyone complain about crops that look like that? If those are poor crops I'd love to see what the good ones look like.

Comment

Yes they look good but another week of extreme heat and wind and down hill they go.

Comment

But another rain and they are bumper in a week also????

There are some people with no crop seeded and some with crop seeded but it's bad. I really feel for those people because it's already over as far as generating something good.

And yes another week of dry does put those good crops at risk. I got some hail not sure what extent yet.

Comment

Yea your right. One rain and we're back on excellent for late canola and later hrs and barley. Peas are in full flower 6 will be 4 then 2. So yes one rain still would change things but like I said in spring 4 separate one inch rains makes a excellent crop one in may then in June after spraying or in middle one early july and then one Ex week in Regina. Then dry till after harvest

Comment

I cherry picked a couple photos of my nicest stuff trust me none of my neighbours have crops that look like that. My canary is headed out and looking like 10bpa. Flex header will be key. My cereals are looking like 30 tops. Neighbours with later seeded lentils will be lucky if they can get em on the cutter bar. Canola what a fk'ing disaster a one trick pony.
                  Last edited by biglentil; Jul 11, 2017, 08:12.

Comment

Pictures of my crops would make you all cry. I could crowd-source maybe, there's an idea especially if I cut off one leg for the picture in the Canola field. Every crop that starts with a "C"is the craps.

Comment

t soybeans are looking nice for never growing them before

Comment

So....... where's the pics of the supposed bad crops?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                          Like. Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by stonepicker View Post
                            Like. Agree.
                            Ok coming soon will take em all in a 5 mile radius

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                              Ok coming soon will take em all in a 5 mile radius
                              Good!! I'm tired of the bullshit !!

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post

Let those guys with the worst crops maintain some pride and dignity. Everyone wants to put their best foot forward.

I know I wouldn't want to post my worst spots. We have some sandy patches that are burnt.

What amazes me is how well our crop is hanging on(over all). It's not GOOD, but we'll hopefully(I'm sure we will) get something, and maybe more than some other guys. It's not over yet either. It has to fill and I'm not very optimistic it will even be average when all is said and done.

The soil surface is dust and below that is concrete and hopefully below that is a bit of reserve to carry this "less than mediocre crop" through to the point we can at least break even if no more rain comes before it is absolutely too late to do any good.

In general, as I've said before, we had "decent" establishment for the conditions we were given. So the fields have a crop in them. We've had basically no meaningful rain since that near 2 inch blessing June 14 and I'm sure some people never even got that.

I will have to set aside my pride and after harvest report the results, and if you want, then you can chastise me for crying wolf all spring and summer.

ps... got a couple of texts today for canola at $12.12 July and $12.25 NOW!!!

Hang in there everyone, and a special shout out to the cattle producers in the worst affected areas.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.