• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of preharvest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sooner we get the message, the better because Europe will shut out all Canadian grains and it won't be pretty. They just happen to be our most lucrative special crops market and I get it. Furthermore, I don't particularly appreciate glyphosate in my bread. Just sayin!

Comment

Farm size and a limited harvest window has made glyphosate a way to manage harvest. Do soybeans and corn weather/downgrade in the long season areas? Alot of crops we grow are very sensitive to adverse fall weather....I understand why large farmers dont want to swath thousands of acres of cereals. Pulses and nematodes to India, flax and triffid to Europe, durum and glyphosate to Italy. What better way to suppress prices.....in the end didn't the durum to Italy test safe for glyphosate MRLs

Comment

This is a very sore point with me. Since 1981 we have used fall applied glyphs with our high lift sprayer. Yes the first was a brought in from USA crude machine. But it worked and we were able to strait cut wheat without any problems and grade factors since that first fall application. Its not about sitting in a sprayer and you have nothing better to do. Its about killing weeds and bringing in a even crop in eastern part of saskatchewan.

To the guys who say they swath just before and do ok. Ha what a crock of shit. We have one neighbour trying to strait cut beside us and then arguing with elevator about his green kernels or tough grain and we haul in nice dry clean product.

Its a tool in tool box.

glyphs is not the enemy but a way to farm a lot easier in Shit hole saskatchewan.

Swathing is nice time consuming cost system. works for some but most doesn't. Now if you farm in desert of SW saskatchewan yea they have natural dry down. Its called heat.

Weed control is way better in August than late october spraying. Thistles are putting food down to roots and when you spray they are gone.

I would quit farming if i had to go back to old way of waiting for it to dry down.

Then fall rain happens and every thing stays green till freeze up.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
          I would quit farming if i had to go back to old way of waiting for it to dry down.
          Well you better get ready to call ritchie brothers because I've been saying it for years, pre harvest anything will be banned sooner than later. That's just a fact.

Somehow though I think that if the ban came down this afternoon you'd still be putting in a crop next year.

Comment

yes your right but i would start the three year planning to exit. Last year wall to wall canola and were out of here.

Swathing you get sprouts, tough wet shit, some times you luck out but usually a shower hits and your harvesting tough.

Strait cutting you may as well call it October. Because you will have to wait for a fall killing frost to get most of the green out.

Comment

Straight cutting is no good. It will be back to swathing. Back in the old days there was a little pile of tough grain in every wooden bin from straight cutting. Headers will be worth about as much as a 1998 5710 bourgault.

Comment

Oh but we will all be strait cutting our canola.

HA HA HA

Yes we had that row of wooden old bins.

1979 1980 1981 miss a few then continue.

Comment

Afterthinking on it. We could adapt just fine without. I woud be building a lot of aeration storage.

Comment

Neighbor sprayed and straight cut for a few years...everything was still tough needed drying/aeration. He sold headers and bought another swather, happy now. Areas are different, crops uneven soil types. We are too humid also. Swaths combine longer at night.
                    "Weed control is way better in August than late october spraying. Thistles are putting food down to roots and when you spray they are gone. " ...postharvest works better here.. Dandelions especially.

Those that pre harvest a good thick tall crop, never get all the weeds. See it across the fence. Usually TOO early for taking nutrients down to roots. Best kill ever on quack and thistles was Oct 4, at +4C. Never seen those weeds again on a polluted field.
                    Last edited by fjlip; Jul 7, 2017, 17:46.

Comment

Im with wiseguy im not eating that garbage. Kills your healthy gut flora at the ppb not million. Never have preharvested my HRSW amd always straight cut. Never had tough time moving it either. Beauty color high bushel weight also can be used as seed. Ive custom preharvested a pile of durum the weed kill is always the shits have to go back in post. Germ comes back in the 50's. Tire tracks are gross too you can have it SF3. I'm not interested in inflicting autism on the populace.
                      Last edited by biglentil; Jul 7, 2017, 12:10.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                        After reading the article it made me laugh. Italy is known for buying a 3cwad with protein and blending it. Nothing matters but price and 13 protein.
                        Exactly. Well timed rhetoric will cloud reality. While wheat and durum prices "should" be going up deflect to an issue in order to keep them suppressed. Buy A few more containers to build inventory before the reality sets in and prices increase.
                        If it rains, "projected record harvest for everybody" prices will remain where they are or drop more.

Comment

I think 30 years from now when we look back at this practice it will be compared to the days when your doctor would prescribe smoking cigarettes.

#sellthesprayer

Comment

Cheap glyph was the biggest thing around here since the tractor.
                            Also very carbon friendly by the way.
                            Dont judge others if you dont need it.
                            But... I do agree it can and has been overused and abused. Also know that some are already using off label chems for preharvest of some crops. Take away one and people will use another.
                            Just saying change the rules carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                              Im with wiseguy im not eating that garbage. Kills your healthy gut flora at the ppb not million. Never have preharvested my HRSW amd always straight cut. Never had tough time moving it either. Beauty color high bushel weight also can be used as seed. Ive custom preharvested a pile of durum the weed kill is always the shits have to go back in post. Germ comes back in the 50's. Tire tracks are gross too you can have it SF3. I'm not interested in inflicting autism on the populace.
                              Allegedly.
                              It is not scientifically proven by Stephanie Seneff.

Comment

I read this today.

Gluten Intolerance is really GLYPHOSATE POISONING
                                What if...."gluten intolerance" is really "glyphosate poisoning"?

Gluten has been in wheat since it was first grown. Sure, there have always been folks who have problems digesting wheat or grains with gluten. Today, about 50% of the world have problems with gluten. (1) Something has changed.

That "something" is glyphosate.

Glyphosate has only been on this planet since Monsanto patented it as "Roundup" in 1973. This chemical herbicide goes by 32 or more tradenames and, now that the patent protection expired in 2000, is made by nine chemical companies -- most of whom, not coincidentally, are also in the drug business. Over 200 million pounds of it is used all over the world every year. That's 100,000 tons! Roundup brings in half of Monsanto's yearly profits. Like vaccines, each manufacturer can add its own extra ingredients called adjuvants or surfactants. Some data suggests that the adjuvants are even more toxic than the glyphosate. (2)

The original use of glyphosate was to prevent weeds. Somewhere along the way, it was discovered that a pre-harvest spraying of glyphosate directly onto the crops made for an easier harvest, as it desiccates the material. WHEAT and CANE SUGAR are the two foods most often treated in this manner. What foods have wheat and sugar? Take a walk down the cereal aisle, the one with the pretty boxes that beckon to your children. See the cookies, crackers, breads, cakes -- all those things that have gluten -- as well as a double dose of glyphosate.

Nice.

And I really, really mean "nice." Etymology: Middle English, foolish, wanton, from Old French, from Latin nescius ignorant, from nescire not to know.

Monsanto applied for the patent on glyphosate with full knowledge that it worked by blocking the shikimate pathway of plants and certain bacteria. Therefore, since people are not plants or bacteria, glyphosate must be safe, they told the FDA.

What Monsanto did not disclose is that the bacteria in a human gut all have shikimate pathways. This is huge. Without gut bacteria, people become very ill and malnourished, develop antibodies to their own organs, mentally depressed, full of yeast and other pathogenic bacteria, and mineral deficient. Nerve transmission fails and energy is gone. The mind cannot focus. Children get labeled at school as having behavior problems. Adults think they are crazy and run to the Prozac. This could only have happened if the scientists at Monsanto and FDA are malevolent and the worst sort of facinorous psychopaths. They are not nice guys, not ignorant of their deeds; let us call them what they are: Murderers.

I submit: You do not have gluten intolerance; that is a symptom. You have been poisoned by glyphosate, therefore you have GLYPHOSATE POISONING. The first step to healing is calling something what it is. Using euphemisms and hiding wickedness behind medicalese and nebulous diagnoses does no one any good. The guilty go free and the victims are denied proper treatment and timely justice.

Footnotes:
                                (1) Dr. Ford, a pediatrician in Christchurch, New Zealand and author of The Gluten Syndrome, says he believes the percentage of people who are gluten-sensitive actually could be between 30% and 50%. Source: http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/glutenintolerance/a/How-Many-People-Have-Gluten-Sensitivity.htm

(2) "...with respect to glyphosate formulations, experimental studies suggest that the toxicity of the surfactant, polyoxyethyleneamine (POEA), is greater than the toxicity of glyphosate alone and commercial formulations alone." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyethoxylated_tallow_amine

For further study:
                                Monsanto's Roundup Causes Gluten Intolerance http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2014/02/21/study-monsantos-roundup-causes-gluten-intolerance/

Glyphosate, pathways to modern diseases II: Celiac sprue and gluten intolerance
                                http://sustainablepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Glyphosate_II_Samsel-Seneff.pdf

Dr. Stephanie Seneff interviewed by Jeffrey Smith of the Institute for Responsible Technology, discussing the paper above.
                                http://vimeo.com/65914121

Granny Good Food at 4:3

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.