• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Innovation - Autonomous Seeding Technology From Saskatchewan - Impressive Video

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Innovation - Autonomous Seeding Technology From Saskatchewan - Impressive Video

Emerald Park, Saskatchewan, Canada – Dot Technology Corp. is proud to announce the release of the autonomous DOT Power PlatformTM. DOT will be engaged in a live field demonstration at Ag In Motion July 18-20 at booth #661.

With autonomous technologies advancing to the point where autonomous vehicles will soon be seen on the road, Dot Technology Corp. has realized the potential of autonomous technology in the agricultural industry.

DOT is a U-shaped, diesel-powered, hydraulically driven platform equipped to carry any implement that has been designed as DOT Readyâ„¢. Through the use of four hydraulic lift arms, DOT loads the implement directly on its structure and the implement becomes one with DOT. DOT then functions as the power platform programmed to move and complete fieldwork autonomously or by remote control.

The inventor of DOT, Norbert Beaujot, states, “As a farmer and an engineer I wanted to design it with efficiency in mind. DOT will be a platform that can accomplish limitless tasks for a farmer, and its abilities will be endless as other implement manufacturers collaborate with us. Part of the efficiency comes from using the acres one combine can cover, around 2500, as the baseline for DOT Ready implements to cover. And then farmers can scale from there by adding more DOT units and implements.”

Dot Technology has established a list of over 100 possible implements that could be made DOT Ready for the agricultural, construction, mining and other industries.

At Ag In Motion, DOT will be demonstrating a DOT Ready seeder that was developed by Dot Technology Corp’s sister company, SeedMaster. There will also be a 60-foot sprayer, a 500-bushel grain cart, and a 41-foot crop roller on display.

For more information visit www.SeeDotRun.com

interesting, wonder what the cost is for the unit as demonstrated in the video?

I believe the autonomous tractors a few years ago from Fargo N.D. were electric motors vs the seedmaster hydraulic. Hydraulic isn't very efficient compared to electric

Comment

Looks interesting.
      Great to see Norbert and team pushing outside of the box on innovation.
      Definitely will plan to check it out at AIM.

Comment

Another stake in the heart of BIG DRILLS! Many small autonomous units make sense.
        Transformers...take over the farm,dot,dot,dot

Comment

Any invention that can cut labour hours required is wonderful. Will have to check this out at AIM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
            Any invention that can cut labour hours required is wonderful. Will have to check this out at AIM.
            An 80ft drill is putting upwards of $40000 a day of inputs into the ground. The $400 dollars a day in labour is 1% of the seeding cost. Dont call me when your dot parks itself in a slough, runs over something or drives off into the sunset. Computers are notoriously bad at subjective decisions and judgement calls.
            Last edited by biglentil; Jun 29, 2017, 17:00.

Comment

The old 5000 flexicoil is looking better all the time! As far as autonomous vehicles on highways, the lawyers are licking their lips waiting for that one! I'm all for innovation but i hope this one isn't getting gov. funding.

Comment

You think rural sask is being depopulated now!!

Comment

Technological change comes whether we like it or not, or whether we agree with it or not. I am generally not an early adopter of such change, never on the leading cutting edge. Not everything makes it into mainstream practice, some concepts die, some get reworked, some aren't practical, but change seems inevitable.

When I think of all the change in farming my father saw in his lifetime, and when I think of where we are today, I can't imagine what the future holds for my son.

Do you think the speed of change has been exponential? Things seem to be moving pretty fast since the introduction of advanced computer technology to agriculture. Look at how a sprayer operates compared to the first simple ones were developed. Seeding implements.

I wouldn't expect the advances to stop or slow down much for that matter.

Are you willing to click the waiver and trust the autonomous technology before the providers allow you to use it?

Comment

I remember being on a large state farm in NE China. 200,000 acres of something or other. Rice acres planted in days. Sheds full of rice planters maybe 10' wide. 2 or 3 men per planter I think.
                    This is the new that?

Comment

Run 8 DOTS sitting in your gotch on the couch sipping piña coladas

I bet 20 years from now you will have to special order any equipment if you want a Cab.

#modernfarmer

Comment

I'd bet in 20 years or so, the number of farmers is less than half of current numbers.

Comment

Biglentil you bring up a good point . But that 80ft drill better do that and cover many ac / hr as well for the cost of theose things now.
                          Some of those big drills must be well over $750,000 ???
                          What's that 100 ft Bourgault with the 1100 bus cart worth ??
                          They are all great drills but they come at an enormous cost now as well as the 600-700 hp tractors needed to pull them .
                          This DOT is interesting

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Biglentil you bring up a good point . But that 80ft drill better do that and cover many ac / hr as well for the cost of theose things now.
                            Some of those big drills must be well over $750,000 ???
                            What's that 100 ft Bourgault with the 1100 bus cart worth ??
                            They are all great drills but they come at an enormous cost now as well as the 600-700 hp tractors needed to pull them .
                            This DOT is interesting
                            Comon Furrow whats five 15 foot Dots going to cost im guessing $400000 a piece. Now are you going to trust em around those 8ft deep drainage cuts, those power poles, those hidden sloughs in stubble, that fence line or whatever. Let me guess they are going transport just fine. What are the going to do when they meet something else big on the road. And they are going to fill themselves too? Gps satellites move, electronics glitch, wires rub through or break, cameras get dirty, sensors go the fritz. Will it run check itself and notice that the secondary is pulled outa the seed boot? Is it going to able to know that its plugged with a lump.
                            If it can go wrong it will, is one guy going to be able to baby sit all five Dots? Or is that going to be a robot too LOL. GL

Comment

Much like the technology of seed ....it's their technology until it's a weed....in this case it's their technology until you have to pull it out of the slough that appeared out of nowhere....or thru a fence .....etc.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.