• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soybeans

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soybeans

Quick trip into Winnipeg this pm wondering what the new yellow dwarf variety of soybeans is. Hundreds of acres along #3 highway.

Soybeans revisited

I guess I should have added (tic) to this post, but it's not a joke. It looks like the yellow dwarf beans are a result of damage, likely post emerge due to cool temps after spraying. I don't know this for a fact, but seems like the cool temps might have not allowed the plants to adequately metabolize the active. I don't have beans this year don't know what is used if something new.
    Any thoughts, or anyone with eexperience?

Comment

Iron Deficiency Chlorosis is bad this year. A factor of cool slow growth, and excessive moisture.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0189.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	765624

Comment

Anyone's soybeans get damaged from the last frost risk?

Comment

They are yellow because of lack of sun and heat and at the same time they are undergoing the 'ugly phase' when they convert to fixed nitrogen. If rains show up and it warms up they will be ok. Global warming.... ha ha ha.

Comment

While stress from cold and rain is a factor, they need iron to produce chlorophyll. It is quite evident by the veins in the leaves being green.
            If it was just cold, and too much moisture the leaves would be all yellow.
            Really a factor of cool, all of a sudden too wet, salt, and calcareous soils which defines much of Manitoba, derived from limestone.
            The beans I pictured were in Saskatchewan, similar conditions, but are starting to come around.
            Another stress on many fields was we recently sprayed them, and they are trying to metabolize the herbicide with the other stresses. Acidifying the root zone to get iron becomes a challenge, and many if not most fields are yellow.
            The green veins identify IDC, and not other stresses.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0192.jpg
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	765625Click image for larger version

ID:	765625

Comment

Wow thats precision! Like perfect spacing between plants.

Comment

Cold temps and they slowed growth and are fixing nitrogen

Comment

Moose Jaw area I was told ...

Comment

Lentils - frost , Saturday morning near Coronache ...

Comment

Meadow Lake area , pretty much all the canola ..

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Meadow Lake area , pretty much all the canola ..
                        Geeze anyone know of an easy to set up futures trading platform to trade canola futures?

Comment

The fake market will respond to this canola damage, and say it will result in increased yields one way or another, and price goes down more. By the way, sunny and warm in mb last two days, beans greened up already. Facinating, durable plants.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...
                          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.