• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grasshoppers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grasshoppers

Just curious what others are seeing for hoppers around their places. Kinda amazed to see them here after not being dry in a year now. For sure thought they would have drowned after the wettest spring in over twenty year. Where the alfalfa got winterkilled and has bare ground they're growing quick. Just saw a few while cutting a quarter of hay three days ago and now all their friends are there too. Usually we don't deal with mosquitoes and hoppers in the same year.

No hoppers here this year. You mean there's somewhere that doesn't get mosquitoes every year? We are not bad with them this year but still have them. Seems there is less of all insect life including ticks and flies around this spring so far. Maybe the heat will bring them on if it warms up.

Comment

2015 had no mosquitoes till September when it started raining. No hoppers either which was a blessing since the cows ate it faster than it came up. We grew more grass in two weeks here than all of 2015.

Comment

It has to be a trip to the dark side when gasfarmer makes an "if it warms up" comment.

Get use to having our prairie colder, and that will not be our tax dollars providing it.

Comment

Checking I'll gladly take this global warming theory any day. I think my cows would go for it too. Still have the insulated coveralls in the porch since it was only two weeks ago that they were used. Probably not far away from using them again( although I wish it wasn't). 😉

Last year this picture was taken 104 days from today. Enjoy this brief warm spell we call summer before it's gone.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.