• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with our peas?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with our peas?

What's up with these peas ?
    Looks like nitrogen deficiency to me we applied some foliar to see if it helps the situation

Comment

Originally posted by Jagfarms View Post

Looks like nitrogen deficiency to me we applied some foliar to see if it helps the situation

Peas are very susceptible to PH of soil, only taking a stab in the dark.

Comment

I have a bit of that caused by Viper damage. Note that you really notice it in any overlap areas.

Check roots but i have not seen any root rot in our area. I also notice that some of the nodules are just now turning red so could be N deficiency issues. I am not worried about mine and waiting.

Comment

Maybe furrow will hazard a guess but I would dig that yellow one up....not sure you will like what you see.

Comment

I would add humic, foliar everything and some growth hormones plus inject some co2 into your soil then top it off with an application of with 10 mm of rain every 10 days

Comment

Newest leaves are yellowing so not a N issue now that i think a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagfarms View Post

I don't know anything about field peas but picture looks like it's wheel tracks from seeding. Could it be compaction from wet conditions. Lack of adequate root system?

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                  I don't know anything about field peas but picture looks like it's wheel tracks from seeding. Could it be compaction from wet conditions. Lack of adequate root system?
                  Granular Innoculant not metered out quite right? Steaky appearance in the picture would seem to indicate to me its not environmental (except for possibility of compaction as suggested earlier) but rather mechanical?

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                    Thats my guess also. Lots of compaction issues around here

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      Thats my guess also. Lots of compaction issues around here
                      Chemical over application in those strips maybe this year or last year. Lots of residual damage showing up this year.
                      Last edited by biglentil; Jun 22, 2017, 14:07.

Comment

Inoculant was applied by custom applicator with polymer coating

This field is 320 acres
                        80 acres was lentil stubble
                        240 Durum
                        Where lentils were there is no yellow
                        But yellow where Durum was it is Yellow

All sprayed same day seeded at same time

Comment

Fellows, I think the color difference you see from the sprayer seat looks more like standing stubble versus flattened stubble from field operations. Other than that I don't have an explanation either for the other picture other than what other people are suggesting. Spray overlap, poor nodulation, disease, I doubt it's herbicide flash because the all other ones don't have the symptoms. Is it happening in the places of heaviest trash?

Innoculant with polymer coating? Application misses? How dry have you been? Did you check for nodulation(green plants versus yellow)?

Keep us informed Jag.
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 22, 2017, 15:50.

Comment

We had some fertilizer issues might have caused it too as fertilizer only went on a fraction of rate we wanted
                            Bourgault tank and a vent was plugged off so did not pressure up properly
                            We new we had a problem then but could not find what the problem was
                            I was not real concerned about that as peas do not require much fertilizer
                            We got the problem fixed once the peas were seeded

Comment

We seeded another field of peas after with inoculant apllied the same day and rate with no issues in the field
                              Had the same fertilizer issue on this field as well

I am not to worried about it just more curious to what it could be

It's starting to look a bit better now

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.