• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drones? Who has one and what do they do with theirs.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drones? Who has one and what do they do with theirs.

We have the phantom 4 New one. Wow is all i can say the birds eye view of your fields lets you spot areas that on a quad etc you can't even find. Hail storms on large fields are easily spotted for more accurate damage etc.

Then their is the easy stuff, no more expensive yard photos from a plane, Hell the drone lets you position equipment and etc where you want it and then takes awesome photos.

We met years ago a guy on the big island that takes lava photos and puts on Stainless steel WOW its so clear and almost like your right their. He uses a phantom 4 like ours for his photos.

We need a few more things to get ours to do crop staging photos etc. But real easy go out in evening and run over a few fields and snap away.

Works great on big fields where access is awful,

Who else is using drones and what else do they do with theirs. WIND is a issue

Can't wait to read all the replies to this thread. pars

Comment

Funny you should mention this saskfarmer3, Just took mine up yesterday for the first time. Had it for about 6 or 7 weeks, thought I'd be able to just take it home and fly it, and use it before seeding, but didn't realize how much learning and prepping that needed to be done before hand. I'm sure it would have been easy peezy if there would have been a friend or neighbour with one close by to help, but it seems I'm the first in the area, and I didn't want my first flight to be a crash. Bought the Phanton 4 PRO, so not so cheapy. Spent a lot of time watching video tutorials, reading and downloading updated firmware, but it was all worth it yesterday. Good control of the craft, good grasp of what going on with the data on my screen, and safe landings. A few nice pics, it was a great fathers day.
      A great feature the PRO has is, Auto return home and Landing. Right to the dot.

I'm thinking there should be a few booths at the FPS with Ag related software, hoping to see what's out there that can increase it's farm value.

Comment

Can you spot spray with them?,check out the neighbours bbq.? check out the neighbour suntanning in the back yard? For me it's like duck season, if it's within range of my 12 gauge 3" browning pump, it's mine!

Comment

Check my Facebook.

We use a dji p3pro with dronedeploy to fly auto and stitch pictures of whole quarters together.

Then convert it to ndvi and elevation layers import those into and advanced to make Rx maps for streaming liquid Nitrogen/sulphur on...

Comment

dronedeploy is software?

Comment

Love my drone , used it for calving this spring, when cattle are at pasture in the hilly ,treed area speeds up finding them . Keep it out of sport mode,I may of hit a bull and broke arm on the phantom 4 ,got body fixed for $200. Taking lots of video, so now I'm trying to edit all the video for year on the farm .

Comment

Use my drone a lot or at least did until the other day. I have a Phantom 4 and downloaded the latest firmware and presto the controller battery is toast won't hold a charge so sent it of to california for repair.Apparently this is a common problem with the Phantom Drones. According to UPS it is on it's way back.
                Use it to take pictures and videos commercially of yard, farms, large events etc.
                I have my SFOC certificate and have to carry insurance to do this type of work. Have Drone deploy but have not used it much.
                Long story short a good tool that is valuable to me. With the DJI company be careful what you download and make sure the upgrades are something you need.

Comment

I've got a P4 it's a great tool for checking cows and crops, it's saved quite a few calves it was extremely helpful when I broke my ankle this spring just before the start of calving time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.