• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soybean Trample Loss?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soybean Trample Loss?

Experimenting with 80 acres of beans this year. Staging is anywhere from unifoliate to 3rd trifoliate. Vast majority is at the latter stage, but some popped up late for one reason or another.

What im wondering is will the plants pop back up after spraying, and if so up to what stage will they pop back up? Or is anything trampled simply a loss? I blew a pass of straight glyphosate at ~390g/ac about 10 days ago to burn the wild oats and volunteer wheat out, but Im looking to go a 2nd time with Roundup Xtend. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Lets try this picture thing again...

Comment

So they are obviously extend beans?!
      Not being smart but have saw some wipeouts like with viper on clear field canola.

Comment

Looks late for spaying Extendimax. Any emerged non Extend beans in the area will be at risk. While not as volatile as old Dicamba, it's still volatile. Recommended to be sprayed premerge burn off.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
          Looks late for spaying Extendimax. Any emerged non Extend beans in the area will be at risk. While not as volatile as old Dicamba, it's still volatile. Recommended to be sprayed premerge burn off.
          Hmm. I was under the assumption the dicamba was for post emergent and or pre emergent control. If i recall, the label said up to 2L/ac pre emerge, and a max of 2L/ac post emerge...

Regardless of whether it gets the Xtend or not, its going to need something, and the options I have are a pull type sprayer with ~6ft of trample per 95ft, or hire the nieghbor with a high clearance at about 3.5ft of trample per 100ft. If they'll bounce back up, id hit it with mine, if they wont id hire the neighbor.

Comment

Originally posted by saskshafe View Post
            So they are obviously extend beans?!
            Not being smart but have saw some wipeouts like with viper on clear field canola.
            Sure hope so... double checked my invoice when i heard some of my own horror stories. Suposed to be...

Comment

Dicamba will work on them post emerge. It's just risky because of the volatization. The US has serious drift issues with Dicamba and non Extend beans.

On your trampling question, I don't think you have to worry. I only have a few years experience, but everything I've seen says you'll be ok there.

Comment

What weeds are you after? Xtendimax would give about 14 days residual, but at that stage might not be of value.
                If you have an Xtend variety, and weren't told of the options advantages and risks, that is quite irresponsible of the retailer. Monsanto had contractors out this spring to discuss Xtend with any growers that had purchased the technology, and explain the system.
                Label wise your best option now would probably be Viper if you are trying to control volunteer canola, and adding something to your glyphosate is a good management decision.

Comment

Spray in the afternoon when it is hot. No damage.

Comment

Originally posted by jcv View Post
                    What weeds are you after? Xtendimax would give about 14 days residual, but at that stage might not be of value.
                    If you have an Xtend variety, and weren't told of the options advantages and risks, that is quite irresponsible of the retailer. Monsanto had contractors out this spring to discuss Xtend with any growers that had purchased the technology, and explain the system.
                    Label wise your best option now would probably be Viper if you are trying to control volunteer canola, and adding something to your glyphosate is a good management decision.
                    Group 2+9 resistant kochia, buckwheat, and millet are the largest concerns right now.

Comment

Soybeans are tough especially when its warm outside. Check out Dennis Lange on twitter. IMO he is the go to guy for dry beans and soybean info.

Dennis Bean Lange‏*@DennisBeanLange

Comment

No more trample damage than any other crop. Even wheat and canola suffers within the wheel tracks. I sprayed mine two weeks ago, land was dry and firm. I can hardly see the trame lines on any of my crops now.

Comment

Ground sprayer is fine. #WorkWithTheIronYouGot

Comment

Still lots of folks out there rolling beans bigger than that. Should have no real problems with tracks unless you're cutting 3-4" plus ruts

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
                              Ground sprayer is fine. #WorkWithTheIronYouGot
                              Most of the iron around this place is the same vintage as me. At some point does it start to appreciate? Maybe thats just muscle cars and half tons...

At least JD and CNH cant threaten to repo it, and I dont need a technician to trouble shoot it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.