• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Not to Injure Peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Not to Injure Peas

Looks like my peas will be around 6 nodes when I hit them with Viper. Plan on using 10 gallons of water and a full shot of UAN. What else can I do to minimize injury?

Pray,

Im not joking if the plants here its going to get cold or someone mentions its cold the chem will set them back or kill them.

Were in same boat but lucky fields are clean of broadleaf weeds might just go assure and say WTF. If it rains all weekend.

Comment

we have been going 80 ac jug with pursuit /centurion last 3 years , doesn't hurt them at all ? how come nobody uses pursuit anymore ?

Comment

I believe Pursuit has come out of favor because of residue and canola in the rotation. This field will be canola in 2018.

Comment

My supplier feels residual in the soil from pursuit is the reason he recommends against using it. No canola the next year unless you grow clear field which only compounds the problem. As for Viper only damage I have had is sprayer overlaps and if the peas are too big.

Comment

1l / ac of a ca/mg additive keeps the healthy

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
              I believe Pursuit has come out of favor because of residue and canola in the rotation. This field will be canola in 2018.
              we did that this year , seeded 45h76 clearfield canola (our best yielder 3 years running)and will spray with something other than pursuit

Comment

Did the Odyssey thing this year again. Really no flash or set back. Just checked them and no visual above ground signs of root rot(furrowtickler is scaring me), but with nearly two inches of rain and the potential for more before the soil has a chance to dry down a bit we could be seeing something(root rot) start up here too.

Never a dull moment.

Comment

We started with a cocktail of authority, pursuit and glyphosate as a preburn then a shot of clethodim in crop. Just missed a few dandelions on the corners where the boom tip was doing 40mph lol

Comment

Add releaf. Would be like the ca/mg thing.
                    Great results around here.

Comment

Agree with saskshafe

Comment

I would put P3 from Omex in when I sprayed odyssey and they would never stop growing and would stay green. Before that odyssey would stop growth and they would turn yellow. I just hate it when you pay good money to knock the crap out of your crop and the chem company just says "don't worry they will grow out of it in a week or two and the yield won't be affected". Hahaha that's a good one.
                        This was back when I used to grow peas, since the wet years started I had to give up peas.

Comment

we have been using a very low rate of Phantom (knock off pursuit), like 160 to 200 acres a jug and either assure or centurion. Has done a great job on volunteer canola which in our rotation is the prior crop and we always plant cereals after peas. We have had just as good control as the viper guys IMO for a fraction of the price and very easy on the crop even if sprayed later.

we had experienced issues in winter wheat and follow cereals using solo so did not like the idea of viper. With sectional control and now aimpro to mitigate overlap and provide turn compensation we have seen no impact on canola in our rotation, and yes I lived through the early pursuit days and the residue effects when Clearfield canola was the big play in our part of the world.

my two cents worth on the topic, we would rather spend the money on fungicide or something else all together, dyodd, and good luck

Comment

Releaf with the viper?

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. Peas are next, once I yank the sprayer out of the quagmire.. Sounds like time for some trials.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.