• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spraying season.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spraying season.

Did the peas today. Hard to justify spraying them...not much for weeds there but crop staging says now or never...residual herbicide so if it rains hopefully that will help with newly emerging weeds because*of the rain. Walked some wheat fields, same story...not much for weeds across the whole fields but some hot spots. Was going to do a half section because it was a perfect spray day, but after walking it-- thought I would wait....though not much time to wait with certain herbicides at the stage of the crop. How can I wait for rain? If it does, by the time the weeds germ and emerge crop will be way too advanced, at least the cereals would provide some good competition if that were to happen. Flax not even close. Canola probably could be done.

Dusty dusty dusty.

The apprentice pointed out that the cereal leaves aren't very broad...lol. Some yellow tips and lower leaves dying off, and the crop isn't that advanced...just thirsty!

Too be or not too be that is the question.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
      Too be or not too be that is the question.
      Calling for straight up rain fri evening. May want to cool your jets Farma. Be ready to giver early next week if thats the case. 1 good strong pass.

Comment

Depends how much will need to be done at the late stage after rain.
        I can't count how many times I've delayed spraying only to have the weather, be it wind or rain, stop everything till it is way past optimum staging.
        Sometimes giving the crop time to get way ahead of weeds is the best you can do.
        No matter what shape the crop is in it always gets something put on it.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
          Depends how much will need to be done at the late stage after rain.
          I can't count how many times I've delayed spraying only to have the weather, be it wind or rain, stop everything till it is way past optimum staging.
          Sometimes giving the crop time to get way ahead of weeds is the best you can do.
          No matter what shape the crop is in it always gets something put on it.
          Exact same here. Clea field canora is driving me nuts with staging. Could go spray it but there are enough cotyledons stages I think I need to wait. Probably will wait long enough and get enough crapy weather to screw myself.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.