• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a cluster custom spraying

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a cluster custom spraying

We're doing prepass on stubblr, assure in peas, spraying canola for flea Beatles and then doing regular Roundup on preeseed and pre emerge when plants are poking out of the ground.

Rinsing sprayer every couple of hours and only spraying after 7pm and before 10 am because the wind won't quit.

Long nights spraying long days seeding

Oh yeah and getting the water tender stuck on approaches and the sprayer on side hills.

Klaus you should talk to your union rep about your working continious could be unfair labor practice. Lol hope this wind will bugger off too.

Comment

Flea beetles usually out when hot and dry?
      Not one bite on ours yet.

Comment

Maybe it's just me but think most overkill on spraying for flea beetles. I mean they have to eat the plant to die for goodness sake. In 2015 we didn't even spray for flea beetles on the canola that froze bad and we left and it ended up being some of the better yielding stuff. I think a lot of people see a few bites and run to the Chem retailer and lay it on. I HATE spraying all insecticides. It would have to be well above 50% damage before I would spray. I think we have maybe sprayed 1 quarter in the last 10 years. I do admit Lumiderm does make a huge difference.

Comment

Agree.
          Lumiderm and fortenza on all this yr.no Fricken cut worms either..
          They cost us 10000 dollars last yr...plus spraying.

Comment

Getting some action on my untreated yellow mustard. Going to keep an eye on but its much more advanced compared to the canola seeded a week earlier. Seed treat does have side effects.

Comment

I just sprayed all my early canola. 100% of plants were chewed on. Likely 80% of leaf surface. Many were crisp and quit growing. I hate spraying insecticide, but had no choice.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...