• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parts season....$€£$€£

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts season....$€£$€£

Bourg X20 monitor....touch screen ****ed...limping through season using a laser mouse. $5050.00 new, $4500 refurb. Repair when we're done seeding.

Mid Row Bander 3 cylinder. ...just under $300.00.

Our breakdowns are their harvest...to double prices...at their mercy.

Comment

T5070 NH tractor battery - $440.00.

Comment

AIM command solenoid $287.

Comment

Mine did that end of season last year, $750 for repair if I remember right.

My X20 has been hard to power on,10-15 minutes in morning. been leaving it on overnight, planned to fix after done. It shut itself off last night and wouldn't start. Got a loaner from Young's, changed memory card in it so I didn't have to reset anything. Backup batteries inside is what usually causes that.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Bourg X20 monitor....touch screen ****ed...limping through season using a laser mouse. $5050.00 new, $4500 refurb. Repair when we're done seeding.

Mid Row Bander 3 cylinder. ...just under $300.00.
            For monitor repair I have had good luck with Ag-Express, Had them replace a touch screen on a JD 2600.
            http://www.agexpress.com/industries/implement-dealers-and-farmers/what-we-repair

Midrow bander cylinders can usually be rebuilt with a seal kit.
            Last edited by pgluca; May 4, 2017, 22:06. Reason: addition

Comment

Thanks rodd and pgluca. Good advice re memory card, settings and repair options. Youngs will supposedly send it back to Bourgault, why can't I? Do I really need a middleman?

The end of the cylinder shaft broke off.

We had a leaky one we got a seal kit for but it's nearly impossible to get the head end where the shaft goes through off...we quit trying...super tight. Held the flat ends of the (head)cap in the vice and put a rod through the other end of the cylinder....couldn't budge it. Other end is welded solid. Any ideas?

Comment

A seal kit is like 25 or 30 bucks, but everyone I know just buys a new one. I got several replacements when I bought my drill. If I get a winter where either harvest or drying doesn't run through, I may try rebuilding a few for spares.

Comment

Banjo needs competion $179 for a plastic 3 inch ball valve. The flange style hose clamps $19. Production costs are probably around 2 bucks and ten cents respectively.

Comment

I've been having x20 problems this year as well. Seems like it gets to hot, then screen stops working then will power off. Been hanging in there as long as I've got a/c funnelled in that direction. Just figured that out tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                      AIM command solenoid $287.
                      Never had one go bad, the wires break from vibration inside the insulation. Zip ties are your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylate View Post
                        I've been having x20 problems this year as well. Seems like it gets to hot, then screen stops working then will power off. Been hanging in there as long as I've got a/c funnelled in that direction. Just figured that out tonight.
                        Ours doesn't shut down, "yet". Just the touch screen so far...had a mind if it's own and couldn't be calibrated. ... if we were lucky enough to get it calibrated, it wouldn't hold and then no matter where you moved the cursor it always would go back to one spot. Are those X20/Topcon monitors supposed to have cooling fans in them? It does feel a bit toasty. Our mickey mouse Envisio Pro Raven guidance monitor has one humming away in it.

Comment

Alternator for a jd 4450.
                          Jd price..543...
                          Price at first stop in humboldt 153..
                          Sure love the Pattison group..
                          Only thing cheaper there is zero turn lawnmowers.

Comment

9 inch by about 5 ft of flexible down spout for the Bourg auger on seed cart... $270.00! Erick's (old Goodall in Regina) only had 8 &10 inch. We bought a piece of 8 inch a while ago for the replacement but couldn't get it on the auger. So we cut into the pockets where the coiled wire is in and snipped the wire down the sides of the spout only two or three times and could then stretch the rubber enough to get it over the auger discharge.

"SMALL" "PAPER" element filter for DEF systems.... $130.

And $12.00 canola is too much?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              9 inch by about 5 ft of flexible down spout for the Bourg auger on seed cart... $270.00! Erick's (old Goodall in Regina) only had 8 &10 inch. We bought a piece of 8 inch a while ago for the replacement but couldn't get it on the auger. So we cut into the pockets where the coiled wire is in and snipped the wire down the sides of the spout only two or three times and could then stretch the rubber enough to get it over the auger discharge.

"SMALL" "PAPER" element filter for DEF systems.... $130.

And $12.00 canola is too much?
                              Our prices are 40 years old in actual numbers... should be $$70 canola and $35 wheat to equal buying power when I started in 70's.
                              Who the F*CK gets paid the same $$$ per hour after 45 years of employment????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.