• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

farm business consultants

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

farm business consultants

This appears to be a company working out of Calgary and one of their people stopped in yesturday asking if we were interested in them doing our tax return. It seems you buy a membership which includes doing the tax return and providing financial advise through out the year. The sales pitch sounded good but I wonder if this outfit is on the up and up and if anyone has used their services ?

gopher.... I have used these guys before and a few other farmers I know (about 7 farmers) have used them as well. I can tell you none of us are using them anymore. We all had bad experiences with them.

Comment

Don't do it! My son worked for an outfit like this and it was a massive ripoff! Be prepared to pay dearly for this service. Find a good local accountant and stick with him. He can do all your stuff for about half what these ripoff artists will charge...and do a way better job!

Comment

Actually that was the outfit my son worked for.

Comment

I agree totally Cowman plus you never talk to the same person twice.

Comment

I agree with cowman 100%. They know how to charge, but lack in the service department. The fact of the matter is that farm tax return are fairly basic for an accountant, but these consultants make them out to be special needs cases. They are not the cream of the crop financial advisors or accountants.

Comment

One more thing is that they make you pay for their service a year in advance.When they come to your farm and get your tax info and before they take it back to calgary to have their worked checked they make you pay for the next year in advance.So you are paying for a service you have not yet recieved.

Comment

One of the reasons my son quit is he felt so guilty having to tell these old farmers they needed this service, when in reality he knew he should have told them to get the hell out!
                It's funny, he goes off to university gets his bloody B of Comm, learns all the BS, goes gets these strange jobs...and then comes home and tells me the whole thing is crap and he wants to come home and do something that is REAL! That all the BS they taught him in school is just that...A big load of BS! Well what can you do? He is my only son? What else am I going to do, but welcome him back with loving arms!
                He says I have taught him more in the last couple of years about business than all those dipstick professors ever taught him!!!
                Sometimes I truly believe this country should elect me for primeminister!!! Even though I am just another "dumb farmer"!

Comment

Cowman you are anything but dumb. I'd vote for you, the only trouble is that you would have to move to saskatchewan. That isn't likely going to happen in the near future with the bunch of bandits we have in charge.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...