• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a CAIS for Agexpert software?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a CAIS for Agexpert software?

I've been busy looking into the new CAIS program. Is there going to be an update for Agexpert to automatically handle CAIS much the same way as GST?(one button and that's it!)
    Any suggestions to put in place before starting out new years books? Starting CAIS account, etc.?

I was just coming here to post about the same thing.I see Agexpert has a new program called Analyst 2004 that they developed for the cais program.

To me this program looks like win gold with a new name and no where does it say exactly what it does different.It only says generally that it works better.Seems to me like everyone who can is trying to make a buck off the introduction of the cais program

Will win gold not do all the things that are needed for cais?I do not want to spend money on something I already have.Is there anyone from Agexpert here that can clarify the benefits of this new program for us?

Comment

To clarify...

AgExpert Analyst 2004 is a new accounting software program that replaces the GOLD product, so yes, the programs will seem similar.

AgExpert will continue to support the existing GOLD program in the short-term; but all new features and development effort will be in the AgExpert Analyst program.

Regarding CAIS - AgExpert is working on adding any additional functionality and new reports required to automate the reporting requirements for CAIS. Customers and Accountants have been using the information already in AgExpert Analyst software for CFIP and other support program calculations, so adding CAIS functionality is the next logical step.

The goal is to have the new CAIS reporting like the GST reporting where AgExpert Analyst software does the work and produces facsimilies or actuals of the required reports.

Rob Schmeichel
      AgExpert

Comment

Good!
        one question, I started with win-lite, then gold, now agexpert. I have ultimate support which gives me all upgrades automatically, so I should recieve an upgrade to agexpert Analyst 2004 at no extra cost?

Comment

Yes, AgExpert Customers with a current ULTIMATE Service plan will receive the next version releases of AgExpert Analyst 2004 software.

Comment

Got it!! LIKE IT!

Comment

I have a problem with the Agexpert Software. It won't allow me to transfer over numerous accounts from my budget to cash flow screen. Makes cash flow useless. Anyone have similiar problems. Contacted Agexpert said patch they sent me was suppose to fix problem. Never did. Now telling me have to waite till end of March.

Comment

Dniak,
                I had a bit of a problem transfering into the new program, but turned out fairly simple(not same as yours) I know they are having some gliches but really got to admit I just love the new improvements, so i'm putting up with the odd problem to get a vastly better product in the end.

Comment

Loops, Have they done anything with the DocNo. With Gold, the only place DocNo worked was with cheques where it will fill the cheque number in sequential order. When using accounts payable, receivable, deposit & etc. you have to provide the DocNo manually. I would like to see DocNo apply a number automatically in sequential order in a manner like this: AP1, AP2, etc. where AP = Accounts payable. Don't know how clear I am, hope you can understand what I'm trying to say. I just recently paid for the update from Gold & am waiting for it to arrive.

Comment

Well, I got my update, very good service faxed order & program was in my mailbox the next day. Docno is now called transno. Still works the same as in Gold, IMHO it is useless, except for the cheque number that is filled in automatically.

How do I change the default date?

Why can’t the program fill in the payable to name on the cheques when you use the suppliers list. I did a run of cheques to pay my accounts payable & all the cheques were made out to the same supplier(the first cheque). The only way I could fix this was to reverse all of the transactions & start over. Gold never worked like that.

Comment

In reply to some of your questions:

1. To set the "Default Date" - Go to Setup, Preferences, choose the "General" Tab. At the bottom right hand corner of the "general" tab, you will find the default date. This is where this can be changed.

2. Trans No - Yes, this does work the same as it did in GOLD. Cheque and Invoice numbers are automatically updated, if the "Use computer cheques/invoices" is selected (again this is set under Setup - Preferences). Other types of Trans Nos. are not automatically updated (for example PA 1, PA 2, or JE1, JE2). This suggestion has been added to the list for future release consideration.

3. The problem with cheques all made out to same supplier - can be solved by downloading and installing AgExpert Analyst 2004 Service Release 2004-02. from www.AgExpert.ca or http://www.agexpert.ca/en/products/service_releases/agexpert_analyst_2004_1022_e.asp

This was error was corrected in the service release.

4. Automatically updating the supplier or customer names when they are first typed in is another suggestion that has been added to the list for future release consideration.

AgExpert Products and Support Group
                      1-800-667-7893

Comment

Thanks AgExpert, I grabbed the service pack, so should be good to go. Will wait to hear of other updates.

Later.........Orm

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...