• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

purpurea

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

purpurea

Hi,Kirsty, I couldn't make the chat group you moderated on herbal crops, so I read it later. I'm a bit confused. You gave prices of less than a thousand dollars a ton for echinacea. Was this purpurea you were talking about? I understand angustifolia prices are still fairly good. Is this true? Thanks

Information I have is that echinacea angustifolia has fallen to $16 to 18 per pound down from about $60 per pound 5 years ago. The info I gave was for purperea flowers. Sorry for the confusion. I guess the point I was trying to make was that there is more and more people growing echinacea - in particular angustifolia. It is basic supply and demand. The more product out there, the less cash to individual growers. To capitalize on top market prices, I believe it is imperative for growers to become part of herb associations so that there can be knowledge of where the market is and who is needing what. Right now the industry is fragmented and there is no easy way to market.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.