• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Direct sales program

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB Direct sales program

Charlie;

I see that organic growers are receiving a better deal than commercial farmers on Producer Direct sales programs.

I must go through an elevator company... who is an accredited exporter to do a buyback...

most of whom will extract $8-12/t to do the transaction.

Organic producers are charged $1.50/t by the CWB... with a special program to finance the buyback costs.

I am not in agreement that the CWB has the legal right to charge the buyback in the first place... with this being said...

Can the Alberta gov. help us overcome this roadblock in a business where margin is everything... and I have no chance to compete with ADM, Conagra, and P&H when I am held out of the market by barriers set up specifically by the CWB to prevent my entry into the market with my grain.

Has the Alberta Gov. ever considered becoming an accredited exporter...

to squash this expensive red tape monopoly game...

which effectively stops many farmers from competing...,

while padding the pockets of elevator companies and the CWB?

Couldn't the Market Choice strategy take this initial step to open things up just a little?

I will do the civil servant soft shoe and leave for discussion.

Comment

You can afford shoes, Charlie?

Comment

You think Kirk Torkelson got a good deal?

Parsley

Comment

Did some searching on the CWB to find out more about the Producer Direct Sales program. The only spot I found referred to the organic program.

http://www.cwb.ca/en/contracts/direct_sales/index.jsp

Recognizing the process for organic/conventional wheat is not to different, is there similar information provided for other wheat/barley? Are there posted prices that would give an indication of where PDS business would be done on a given day?

Comment

Parsley;

You think Kirk Torkelson should have had the obligation to pay extortion money... that farmers outside the "designated area" didn't pay?

If we (in Canada) are all supposed to be treated the same... why are we not all treated the same (even inside the DA)... isn't wheat wheat, or is wheat not wheat if it is organic wheat?

I believe organic growers are getting a special service (again stating this is extortion by the CWB) but the extortion fee of $1.50/t organic folks pay... is less than the extortion fees I must pay an agent of the CWB...

What is fair Parsley?...

When none of us should be legally be paying buybacks because we didn't offer our grain to the CWB as the CWB Act specifies...

therefore no-one legally has an obligation to pay the extortion (buyback) fee according to the CWB Act,

because there is no difference between the price difference inside and outside Canada...
            Which is exactly why no-one outside the "designated area" pays anything to the CWB... including the $1.50/t Organic growers pay.

Some day this extortion game the CWB is playing will be exposed for exactly what it is... FRAUD!

!

Comment

Tom4CWB,

You claim,
              "Organic producers are charged $1.50/t by the CWB".

Must have been the CWB told you that.

According to his CWB invoice, Torkelson paid $2.00/tonne.
              Mmmmm.

Maybe the Board:

1. doesn't like Torkelson and jacked it up to $2.00
              2. had a 'misunderstanding' with Tom4CWB
              3. wings it daily.

Parsley

Comment

Parsley;

Interesting that the CWB charges $2.00/t.

Here is the CWB info @ http://www.cwb.ca/en/contracts/direct_sales/index.jsp

This is the exact quote from the CWB site today:

"4. Payments
                For a direct sale, the administration fee is $1.50 per tonne, and the payment must be made immediately by wire transfer or cheque. For the credit sale, the administration fee is $2.00 per tonne. Payments may be made after shipment, up until the final CWB payment is issued. Interim and final payments can be allocated to any balances owing, and interest on any outstanding balance will be charged at the prime rate."

Interesting that the CWB charges a "risk" factor of $.50/t for doing the deal with the loan!

What exactly is this extra premium for?

If taken to a lawyer... there is nothing in this CWB quote that says the Organic grower will owe anything extra...

it could be easily construed that the CWB is looking after the risk that the PRO would drop...

as most of us assumed they CWB Risk Managers) would be doing for all of us... not just organic growers!

AS explained earlier the 90% EPO risk management premium was $.35/t so the CWB charging $.50/t for risk Kirk Torkelson created for the pool should be zero...

And it is fraud for the CWB to ask for any more money than the CWB has already got from him... when he paid the difference between the PRO and the PDS to begin with... IMHO.

But then the whole buy-back is pure fraud in the first place... IMHO!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.