• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea Stubble

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pea Stubble

Read some posts and figured I would sign up and see if I can offer anything.

Did peas for the first time last year, any tips/tricks/suggestions for direct seeding in to pea stubble?

Combined with a straight header and was cut quite short. Disced the areas where had troubles getting all straw.

Originally posted by willy16 View Post
    Read some posts and figured I would sign up and see if I can offer anything.

Did peas for the first time last year, any tips/tricks/suggestions for direct seeding in to pea stubble?

Combined with a straight header and was cut quite short. Disced the areas where had troubles getting all straw.
    Seed through it on a nice dry day. Don't harrow.... It'll disintegrate beautifully.

Pea fields are always softer, more mellow, and smoother.... or at least seem to be here.

Comment

Sounds like you already did a bit to help yourself. I find if the stubble is longer in spots and its wet because the ground won't let the stubble dry or the humidity is too high in the morning or its drizzling.....it doesn't want to clear very good at all...as if it was "dry".

Besides, welcome aboard. Enjoy the stay.

Comment

If there is lots of trash seed when it is dry with low humidity or you will be pulling a big rake in the field. Have had to burn fields to seed sometimes.

Comment

Better hope for that one nice dry day ... lol
          If you are a noon till 8 pm seeder guy you might be ok if the weather is good . If not , you better come up with plan B if the weather is stall humid

Comment

We can seed into pea stb now 24/7 if needed

Comment

If your stubble is short
              And you have problem areas done you will be ok if the humidity is below 50%

Comment

We Kelly harrow the whole field as soon as combines leave in fall. Strait in spring.

Don't harrow you'll have a mess.

Enjoy

Comment

Again depends on seeding outfit you have - a lot

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.