• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking too much?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking too much?

When you are up at 3 AM waiting for a darned heifer to calve you have a lot of spare time on your hands. For example I was thinking this morning, while waiting, how come the guys actually producing the things we need are getting so little while we have this big nest of parasites living the life of Riley?
    Why are idiots like me scraping by while some fat cat lawyer lives like a king? I mean would anyone really miss lawyers if they took the whole lot of them out in the ocean and drowned them?
    It seems to me that somewhere along the way the tail has taken to wagging the dog instead of the other way around?
    These type of ideas really bother me and I don't know if I am just retarded or what? How come the people who actually produce something are considered to be the low man on the totem pole, while the totally useless have become our masters?

Cowman I am starting to like your thinking even if it is not politicaly correct . The idea of turning the west into the wild west realy apeals to me ( to much production) I am not sure there will be that many indians voilenter but mabey as buffalo are cheap we could throw in an extra one of them then my idea of farming with horses would fly and now there is lots of P M U horses available cheap and I could even set you up with 2 or 3 teams.

Comment

I think this is a funny story. About 5 years ago my youngest sister had this wild scheme to get rich raising horses! She owned a quarter of rough old pasture and wasn't getting a whole lot of rent out of it. Anyway her scheme was to buy 50 mares and run them on this pasture. She'd kind of cut a deal with this PMU outfit to take the mares for the winter for free. She figured the colts would be just about pure profit! Now somehow or other she figured I would be keen to go partners with her! When I pointed out that little colts weren't really worth anything she said"Oh we'll buy some Belgian studs and get some big half blood colts. Then we'll break them for teams and sell them for $5000!"
      Well like I could just see myself breaking a bunch of big Belgian colts! I told her I doubted if I would know which end the collar went on let alone how to break a team!
      Anyway she fussed away about it for a couple of weeks and dragged me off to a couple of horse sales to get a feel for prices. Luckily she soon found another money making venture(a liquor store) and forgot about the horses. By the way she made a literal fortune in the liquor store business!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...