• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time soybean farmer... HELP!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time soybean farmer... HELP!

This is my first year grain farming and I'm starting out small with 27ac of Soybeans. I've got most of the equipment I need and I'm renting a drill locally for $8per acre. The ground I'm planting has been sitting in CRP for the last 12yrs. Half of that ground was planted in warm season grass and was cut for hay just after it came out of CRP. So that part is just a matter of fertilizer, spray and plant. But the other half was bush hogged and has sapling stubble in it. My plan was to burn it off (seeing that it has about 6" of dead stuff laying on it), bush hog it as close to ground level as I could, then run a bog disk over it, fertilizer, spray and plant. My problem is right now that field I was planning on burning has about 2 foot of water standing on it. I want to avoid planting, spraying and fertilizing at two different times if I can to save on cost since I'm having it sprayed and don't want to pay them for two trips. A few questions I have. Once I start to dry out can I fertilize that field and spray it, then once it's died down burn it off, bush hog the stubble and bog it? And, if I did so would I have to respray it? I can plant all the way up into June as if I were doing double crop soybeans but that's a last resort. Also, how long do I need to wait after I've sprayed to plant and how long between fertilizer and spraying and will I need to spray again after I plant? Sorry I've got a lot of questions and starting to feel pretty pressed for time. I'm trying to get a time line in my head and there is nothing online that gives me any ideal of what it should look like. Do they make a soybean farming for dummies book? lol

Any suggestion or tips would be greatly appreciated.

If you are looking to finance your farm projects, contact CardinalHealth Finance (UK) today to learn more about our low interest-rate loans. Here is the admin email-contact: loan@cardinalhealthfinance.com

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.