• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

snow wreck in the peace

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snow wreck in the peace

Had to take family to airport, pushed snow with the bumper, this is after it settled.Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo274.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	777551

Makar misery loves company. 1 inch of rain last week+ 1 inch of rain yesterday+ 8 inches of snow today+ calving cows= disaster. Lost my boot in the mud after sinking the quad today probably didn't help either. Suppose to be another 36 hours of this $hit west of Edmonton.

Comment

Isn't there a lot of crop left out there as well?

Comment

Lots of crop out, all my canola, some bto are in the thousands.

Comment

Absolutely NOTHING is LIVING HELL like too F*cking WET!!!! Feel so bad for all farmers suffering with this and last years WATER/SNOW!

Comment

Same story east of Edmonton. Spring thrash is done. Will not bother now. Declared next year country all ready. No chance of seeding enough acres now soon enough for any type of profit this year.

Comment

Yikes, east of Red Deer, we are wet but nothing compared to you Ajl. Very sorry to hear about all the snow. Neighbors here with crop out won't be turning a wheel anytime soon. Fields were soft and wet before all the rain.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	765507Absolutely cruel. I feel horrible for those with crop out still. 3/4 inch rain here yesterday. Fields are goo. Some truck thieves found that out this morning. Hang in there folks.
                Last edited by swinkler; Apr 14, 2017, 23:49.

Comment

I don't feel as smart with my spring calving right now....May 1st next year.....

Comment

Maybe there was economic theory that went with that tune, "Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam!"

Comment

AJL I'll second that. I'm getting nervous about the half of our crop left out messing up this years crop. After the past two years I'd be further ahead if I didn't plant anything. 2015 was super dry and burned up most of the crop then 2016 was too wet and only got half the crop anyways. Now this year is looking like another mess. At least there should be lots of grass for the cows.....

Comment

Swinkler normally the truck thieves in our area head to one of the reserves by us. We know since we followed the neighbors truck there two weeks ago after it got swiped at lunchtime while they were home.

Comment

Worst F#$King thing in the world is to wet. Sorry to here the harvest that never ends continue. Seen on radar that it was picking up speed.
                          Good luck stay safe.

Comment

Sorry to hear things are taking a turn for the worse in areas that were hit so hard last fall. If I could offer any encouragement I would only say don't give up yet, things "can" turn around quickly and it's amazing how Mother Nature also has a good side. I know some haven't seen that side of her for a while but as the old saying goes, hope springs eternal.

Comment

Have a foot of wet stuff here on top of an inch of rain. Heard once you got east of here 20 miles there was little to no snow. What a bloody mess calving now. Neighbours have half the crop out and wheat was standing. Thinking a pro till will be the only way.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.