• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taxing crop insurance premiums

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shit, you guys got it cheap. I just checked mine, and even with a 26% experience discount I am still paying 5.5% for 80% Canola coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
      Are you on 10 year average for
      yields or area yields stone?
      There is a base avg. yield, also there's your ipi ( individual productivity index ) so if your growing above avg. crops, you get above avg. coverage. My premium for wht. with 267.26/acre coverage is $4.50/acre ( %80 coverage ) Imo that's a reasonable price to pay so that i could slide through a complete crop disaster with minimal effect. My premium discount is %20. As far as hail ins., i always go private. Hail ins. prem. last year averaged $4.41/acre ( $200. or $250./acre coverage ) can't find last years hail ins. contract, so not sure of coverage

Comment

Talked to a crop ins. adjuster a number of years ago and he said they were told to give the farmer the benefit of the doubt, but don't be santa claus.

Comment

We pay approx $11 /ac for $435 coverage on canola at 80% in sask , premium discount about 35 % i think

Comment

Originally posted by stonepicker View Post
            There is a base avg. yield, also there's your ipi ( individual productivity index ) so if your growing above avg. crops, you get above avg. coverage. My premium for wht. with 267.26/acre coverage is $4.50/acre ( %80 coverage ) Imo that's a reasonable price to pay so that i could slide through a complete crop disaster with minimal effect. My premium discount is %20. As far as hail ins., i always go private. Hail ins. prem. last year averaged $4.41/acre ( $200. or $250./acre coverage ) can't find last years hail ins. contract, so not sure of coverage
            So in MB if you take your experience discount off your paying a 2.1% premium for wheat.
            In SK with my experience discount taken off I am paying a 3.7% premium for wheat.
            My $ coverage was similar to yours. So what gives, that's a huge difference in premiums.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              We pay approx $11 /ac for $435 coverage on canola at 80% in sask , premium discount about 35 % i think
              K, i pay $4.00 for $270. coverage, your coverage is %60 higher than mine, so if i could get $435. coverage ( which i can't ) my premium would be $6.40. i believe. Looks like you guys are paying through the nose!

Comment

Another thing stone
                When is your deadline to make changes to your contract?
                Alberta guys are partially done and can decide what insurance they want we re sitting here in march. It knowing if it will rain too much or not having to decide that
                Frkn too wet program. Doesn't seem right

Comment

What are coverages and premiums in Alberta also? Would be appreciated.

Comment

You're paying 4 bucks plus for 270 coverage in canola we re paying 3.75 I think it is for 100 acre too wet which after all their deductions from what I hear never works out to 100 an acre.

Call me stupid but is this stupid or what?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                      You're paying 4 bucks plus for 270 coverage in canola we re paying 3.75 I think it is for 100 acre too wet which after all their deductions from what I hear never works out to 100 an acre.

Call me stupid but is this stupid or what?
                      $3.97 for $268.77/acre coverage. To be exact. For 2017 we have till mar.31 to make changes. If you carry EMI ( excess moisture ins. ) that deadline is nov. 31 of prev. year to make changes. I carry EMI ( $100./acre ) with a 5% ded. ( which means if all 2,000 acres are too wet to seed, i'll get paid for 1,900 ) cost is $1.72/acre

Comment

here we go again,lying asshole wheatboarder, premiums have not skyrocketed in manitoba,u lying low scum wheatboarders are a waste of time listening to.and yet u are the pricks running this country.thats why im cashing in cause of scum like this.

Comment

Sorry to continue on but do you have a seeding intensity applied to your unseeded acres? For example if you were wet one year and didn't seed some acres those acres then cost you lost coverage the next year for unseeded or is it intended acres you planned on seeding?

I though the too wet thing was a universal program. We re paying over double the premium. CAnt understand it.

Comment

In mb i pay approx $10 per acre for 80% coverage including excess moisture, on a 5 year average yield. Mb doesnt provide flexibility on per bu price coverage, they set the value per bushel based on best guess. The Program works fine, havent collected anything in over 10 years, the last time was unseeded acreage payouts during a wet spring. Hail insurance is seperate, mb govt hail nsurance rates are competitive with private companies.
                            Last edited by MBgrower; Mar 26, 2017, 07:50.

Comment

What kind of crops are those mb.? Sunflowers? potatoes?

Comment

Stonepicker, i had included my hail insurance costs in my previous post, my overall crop yield insurance at 80% coverage is $10 per acre for wheat oats canola soybeans. Hail insurance depending on crop, zone, and coverag rate can vary $4 to 10 per acre

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.