• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop insurance denying wet acres

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop insurance denying wet acres

So how sure is everyone about the too wet acre deal? Just read the producer and guys were denied too wet coverage seems like more than one guy.

I know some last fall denied coverage because adjusters said crop not established. Farmers sprayed the fields and got denied. Don't know too many guys spraying a field that isn't established.

One guy got denied because high dockage. I'd suppose when the holes are drowned out your going to have lots of dockage when holes grow and flood grow and flood.

Nothing like buying insurance that turns out good for nothing except the workers.
    Quite likely will be an issue for lots of acres.

Did collect in year 1 of the flood. It was a lifesaver

Beware, after year one you are on your own. 2017 will be six years we are on our own.
    Flooding intensified no payout. It's a one time to collect program. Afterwards might as well just insure for the minimum. Went through the appeal process and all. Waste of time

Comment

Seems to be wide spread complaints about it. I m not so re assured because I had 2 different crop insurance people explain it 2 different ways. Lol
      So I don't know what to think.
      My land is spread out so far id think that even if I seeded some I'd get nothing for the rest? If it's deducted by field then maybe I would if it's deducted by whole acres not likely?
      The neighbor mentioned the minister was a real ass on the tv about this unseeded acre deal. Never saw it myself.

Comment

So it was mentioned that those farmers
        Went through appeals. Where do they go for appeals and who is it you are appealing to?

Comment

[URL="http://www.saskcropinsurance.com/ci/appeals"]http://www.saskcropinsurance.com/ci/appeals[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            So it was mentioned that those farmers
            Went through appeals. Where do they go for appeals and who is it you are appealing to?
            The ones they went after here were the habitual ones . We havent had any unseeded since 2010. But no problem that year. Have never gone into a spring this wet tho

Comment

The Big Wheel
              You mean a production claim was denied because areas drowned out and weeds filled in and became dockage? Wouldn't this be a weather related problem as a result of excessive moisture? Do you know if these cases were appealed ?

Comment

Big wheel : i would like to see you get ..drowned out and then droughted out 5 yrs in a row... just to kick you off your egotistical mountain. then you would be know as the ( big whiner )

Comment

You know what dogs do to big wheels?

Comment

Goodrum I m not sure if they went through the appeal process or not. They were sceptical it would do any good. According to them the appeal is appointees of the government. So???

Agent I ve been there, my wife and I were complete nervous wrecks just watching what was going on around us.
                    People that were reckless and lazy yet manipulative were getting all kinds of loans etc by FCC and the banks with little to no equity while we couldn't move and we had good equity built up over he years because of being careful and yet when we hit a multi year spell they turned their backs on us.

Take a good look at the whole ag picture who do you see moving forward?

You wouldn't believe me if I told you what we did to keep going. But most of it was becoming bullshitters to the lenders. They thrive on bullshit. They don't want
                    Ma and pa family to survive they want big acres big equipment big big big.

You think the programs are working? Hahahaha those programs are working to get less farms. And that's a fact.

The budget just passed I know it means probably 5,000 more acres for me this spring. They call me I don't even have to look for it.

Comment

Agent. You're the whiner you haven't got it figured out yet. So your mad I do. I was you a few years ago.
                      Am I saying it right? Hell no it's all criminal and I mean that in a factual way. People with outside money are taking over everyone. The gov wants it that way.
                      With crop insurance as shitty as it is sooner or later you get the shitty weather and boom you're done. Especially mult year. Brads friends are waiting, I m waiting until it catches me too hopefully I pick the right time to get out.

So quit your whining and go big, do something to change the people controlling this mess, or go the fk home.

Comment

If you needed outside money to keep going, chances are there's a reason. The early ones with outside $ are dropping like flies here

Comment

The idea that there is a boom in agriculture is such a myth.

Agent I take back the line about go the fk home. Because if you really had that situation as you say. Then you are where I was. You do have to decide to either do something to help make it better big picture while surviving your own dilemma.
                          Or just go with the flow hope like hell you get one hell of s break weather wise etc.

Good luck if you are in that jam!

Comment

So half the acres I picked up yesterday still ha e crop on them. Owner has until april 31 to get it off.
                            Don t look like it's gonna happen so this too wet deal. The 5% deductible is for what exactly? For you guys that have more experience why is there a 5% deductible the lady at insurance mumbled and stumbled to answer but basically they say normally you don't seed 5% of your acres on a field. Really?? So let me get this straight you have a seeding intensity that if you normally didn't seed 5% of your field that drops acres off then you apply another 5% deductible to that intensity???
                            Is that how it really works?? Who negotiates these things for farmers???

Comment

If you normally seed 160 acres on a quarter and this year you seed only 120 and claim 40 too wet to seed, you get paid on 32 acres after the 5% deductible. Seeding intensity is one to watch out for. If you ever have summer fallow for any reason in the past they multiply total acres by the seeding intensity factor then deduct 5% to determine the too wet acres. So if you have too wet acres last year that resulted in seeding only 85% of intended you now have a seeding intensity factor to apply as you don t normally seed all you acres every year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.