• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will SK PST apply to crop insurance premiums and vehicle insurance (at 6% remember)

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will SK PST apply to crop insurance premiums and vehicle insurance (at 6% remember)

Just wondering why it wouldn't

So Gars would also be taxed along with Hail insurance, The gas tax is mute but the insurance side of average farm will get a big chunk from farmers.

That one hurts if its on farm insurance.

Comment

I can't find any info if ag insurance is taxed or not... I'm guessing it is.

There's 3,000 right there out of pocket. You can drop income tax all you want... we have no income left.

Fuel Taz hits hard too when your semis are commercially licenses and running clear diesel to haul grain seed and feet on the farm.

Comment

Farmers are going to pay for those overpasses and stadium. Tax on insurance premiums doesn't seem right.

Comment

I'm guessing a lot of the drafters of this obscene tax forgot about that one. Or they thought it was for their few hundred dollar home insurance premium.

That one is going to hurt farmers a lot. Maybe there will be some slight back tracking when they start to get deserved shit for this cruel budget for farmers.

Comment

Another way to look at it is to consider a lot of insurance to be too costly anyways. Save on some premiums and self insure ....or be willing to take risks in any event

Comment

Every other input and supply company gouges the shit out of farmers so why not the government now. Don't worry I see bell and rogers are increasing their monthly rate for bars to broadcast live sports like on average 400 a month. The cost they say will be passed on to customers so just like what farmers can do......oh maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoff View Post
                I'm guessing a lot of the drafters of this obscene tax forgot about that one. Or they thought it was for their few hundred dollar home insurance premium.

That one is going to hurt farmers a lot. Maybe there will be some slight back tracking when they start to get deserved shit for this cruel budget for farmers.
                I'm guessing that the drafters of this tax knew exactly what they were doing, it makes their share of crop ins. much smaller by applying tax on crop ins.

SK share of crop ins is 40%of our premium, with the new tax they now only have to cost share 36% of the premium, saving them 10% of what they had to put in previous years.
                Last edited by Sodbuster; Mar 23, 2017, 09:50.

Comment

Just off the phone you will pay tax o 6% tax on sask crop insurance after July 1 all premiums are not sent even if you sign up tomorrow or next week they are mailed July 10th so yes you are paying.

Gars hail life farmpolicy etc.

I would say the fuel was a way to divert attention as the insurance one is huge really huge ours will be more than a average Person in regina takes home after tax.

Maybe should of cut back on the donation.

Comment

timing is bad.not now.Sask is an export province and extra taxes will just make us less competitive.Sound familiar?

Comment

On our small farm we are estimating a 3000 dollar increase in expenses.
                      Some on here are 10 times our size..
                      On face book people think farmers got off easy...

Comment

so the government raised coverage an it looks like they are putting more into agriculture.But if there is no claim they just gained an extra 6% in pst on the premium.

Comment

The 6% will be an expense that will be a deduction for income tax purposes.

Comment

Stubbly......at a corporate tax rate of say 15%....I saved 15 cents for every dollar of PST paid.....the 85 cents is gone and nothing to show for it.... Arguably....

Comment

Yes I'm pretty wild as a long time conservative I'm not impressed with what they pulled.
                              Full on kick to farmers. That PST on insurnace is a huge blow.
                              That's many thousands extra direct cost. But no carbon tax (which I'm thankful wall is fighting) but explain how all these other taxes are just ok??

Here's an idea STOP SPENDING!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.