• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So india is not going to grow extra lentils or Peas due to piss poor prices.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So india is not going to grow extra lentils or Peas due to piss poor prices.

Millions of Indian farmers look set to switch from growing pulses and oilseeds after a government campaign to boost output became a victim of its own success by flooding markets with the crops, used in everything from fragrant curries to sticky desserts, reports Reuters
    Storehouses are overflowing with commodities such as lentils and soybeans after waves of farmers answered Prime Minister Narendra Modi's call last summer to ramp up local production to cut a hefty import bill, driving prices sharply lower.
    A shift to planting crops such as sugarcane and wheat could drag on global prices in those markets as supply swells, while raising the spectre of a swing to a shortage further down the line of the oilseeds and protein-rich pulses that are a staple of Indian cuisine.
    ****seed Production will jump to the highest in three years at 7 million tonnes as farmers expanded the area planted with the oilseed due to ample rainfall and higher prices.

So what will this do to us come fall if they produce excellent wheat and Oilseed crops.

C R A S H!!!!!

No worries... agristability will take of it....

I have to stop now my sides are hurting....

Comment

Yea ag stability and all the other useless insurance systems designed to make money.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.