• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop insurance and deficit

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop insurance and deficit

Sort of sick of the government and media talking about how much the payouts are contributing to the provincial deficit without telling how many years the premiums were a positive contribution to the province.

They want people in crop insurance to avoid ad hoc payments then complain about the cost when disaster hits.....

Is ag an industry worth protecting for the province coffers or not.....last year lyle Stewart was saying what pulse exports were worth....
    Last edited by bucket; Feb 28, 2017, 08:37.

I read last week Sask CI is hiking premiums 8.5% this year. Ouch!!!

Comment

I would like to know just how CI is supposedly 2/3 subsidized. It looks like the government just puts their part in when there is a big problem. Otherwise the premiums paid in the past should be enough to cover the big years payouts. So if they could stop with the lie that it is 2/3 paid by government, that would be helpful.

Comment

No one ******* about all the foreign capital pouring into the province or country from our grain sales. Don't kid yourself is a huge deal. We create wealth unlike the service sector or govt.

Comment

Very true Macdon

Comment

Which day does the coverage details get released for every individual farmer?

Comment

Oliver. Coverage details get released? I don't think that is identifiable per farmer.

Comment

coverage details per farmer are there. agent in my house asked if i wanted to see my
                payouts as a % of premium, took a minute , it was like 7%, but the big payout of 2002 was not in there
                because of a contract name change after that.
                crop insurance , has not been a break even proposition around here, but neither has any other insurance, hail. or farm or auto

Comment

Unfortunately it couldn't have come at a worse time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
                    Oliver. Coverage details get released? I don't think that is identifiable per farmer.
                    I was referring to when SCIC updates your average yield and "what if" statement.

It appears the information is now available as of today.

Comment

I agree, I would like to know just how it is subsidized 2/3rds. GARS for all of its flaws is not that much more than SCIC, and depending on your experience discount you may even be better off with GARS. I view them as legitimately competing products which should be impossible if one is 2/3rds subsidized.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.