• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 04 Canola???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March 04 Canola???

A few weeks ago I signed a $28 March under basis contract for 200t of Canola delivery to Agricore United in SW MB.

I didn't sell outright but put in orders to price out 100t at $380 March and the other 100t at $390 March.

March came oh so close today to $380, but not quite. I'm pretty confident that March will go to $380 before I have to price out (Feb.20) but with this lethargic canola market I'm not so sure about my $390 target.

It's very frustrating seeing beans at $8.50 and Bean oil at 30 cents and knowing Canola should be around $425 or more. Yet the Canola market just isn't reacting to the strong Chicago oilseed sector.

Ocean freight... Shmocean freight

Will canola join in the rally or not?

Any thoughts?

When the market is very close to your GPO and you happen to be on top of the market (which it appears you are), I would suggest you sell at the market and cancel your $380 GPO. The last few pennies is not worth the worry or risk.

Looking at the charts, it looks pretty thick (next resistance level) at March $385 - $390. The $390 GPO is at the top end of this level. I would suggest you drop it down to $388, you might have a better chance of a fill.

Comment

crusher,

I didn't take your advice earlier in the week, but after the very strong close today, $377.9 March, up $12.30/t, I did exactly as you suggested and pulled the trigger on 100t @ $377.9 less the basis for a pit price of $7.94/bu.

If we see follow through Monday, I still have the other 100t to work with.

Just trying to be disciplined with my marketing plan, yet be flexible enough to make adjustments when called for.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...