• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brian Clancey on MarketProspects: Pulse Crop Market Review of Peas & Faba +SoyBeans

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian Clancey on MarketProspects: Pulse Crop Market Review of Peas & Faba +SoyBeans

Go to Sask Pulse Growers website and under the "news and events" tab, under "news" are the presentations that were made by the presenters at the Regional Pulse Meetings in Sask.

"Pulse Market Outlook for 2017 with Brian Clancey"(last one in the list), in that presentation he has green peas with ending S/U ratios of 3% for both 16-17 and 17-18 crop years. Well, who knows for sure what 17-18 holds but to say 16-17 will only have 3% S/U by the end of the crop year I think is overly bullish. Prices sure aren't reflecting that prediction!

Any thoughts?

At 3% you may as well say the cupboard is bare!

Comment

I believe s/u will be tight and you are right the price is not reflective of that yet.
      The buyers have bought what they need for now , backed off to let price drop before they may need to top up orders before the new crop is established. Just my thoughts.
      If greens and yellows stay about the same price - green acres will drop as fringe pea growers go back to yellows.

Comment

Yes green pea bids have backed off and some Cos have said they are bought out to late spring early summer. .....then it's only one and a half to two months till new crop supplies are available! ....Or six months from now which kinda seems like a long time before new crop supplies are available......hmmmmm, what to think and believe!

Comment

Shhhh..... because we farm in the slum of the Ghetto and because of our last year's anomolous crop yeilds, which are some people's norm, means we have almost twice as much to market than we usually did some years. Time will reveal the answer of what's left July 31st.
          Last edited by farmaholic; Feb 20, 2017, 12:16.

Comment

Sask Crop intentions will be out this week I think. That could be a game-changer. Durum- down-down-down. Red lentils acres diving too. All rest who knows.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.