• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preserving farmland

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preserving farmland

Go to any land use forum and all you hear is about the necessity of preserving farmland. The ones usually proposing it don't own it so in reality they are just forcing their beliefs on the owners? And making the owners bare the costs? And they also seem to have no qualms about letting the city gobble up the best land in the county but live a few miles out and you are some kind of ogre if you want to sell some land for people to live on. When in fact in a few years the city will be out there gobbling it up with the countys blessing!
    The latest thing in my county is the"small agricultural holding". You can get 10-30 acres subdivided no problem but forget those 2-3 acre lots! I'm not just sure what this "small agricultural holding" means? They say it is so greenhouses/market garden type businesses can be established but I suspect what will happen is they will turn into estates for the horsey set? A rich mans paradise? I believe the intention is good but the results will be bad? When the rich man gets sick of playing Lord of the Manor, I suspect the rules will once again change and we will have small subdivisions...thus making the rich man even richer!
    And in reality why preserve farm land? No one wants to pay for the food we produce, no one cares if we live in poverty! Providing a place for the deer to roam and the coyotes to flourish is more important than growing cattle or grain in the publics eye. Even that would be fine if people were willing to pay! I'd gladly let my land go back to prairie and brush if there was any money in it!
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...