• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What accounting software do you use?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What accounting software do you use?

Recently incorporated, and need to upgrade from using spreadsheets. online for a monthly fee seems to be the big push, but I'd far rather buy it once than pay forever. I also see genuinely free software. What do you use, and does it really matter? Will not be doing taxes ourselves anymore, just record keeping.

Agexpert

Comment

AgExpert

Comment

AgExpert

Comment

What you mean the shoebox method is dead?

Comment

Previously Simply. Now Quickbooks, happy with the change. Used AgExpert for a while and may be slightly better than quickbooks but I wasn't going to pay the annual fee.

Comment

The shoebox alive here. My accountant spoils me. He gets to decide which column.
              Besides, I'm a paper slob.

Comment

Ditto blackpowder, 30 column journal does the trick!

Comment

AgExpert since 1999. Accountants very happy with how easy the info is to work with. I costs us less . Also just incorporated, getting ready for 2017. We will still do our personal taxes. In AgExpert, you will have another enterprise set up and keep all accounts separate from personal. Have you been long time partnership ABfarmer5 ?
                  Last edited by fjlip; Dec 8, 2016, 09:10.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                    AgExpert since 1999. Accountants very happy with how easy the info is to work with. I costs us less . Also just incorporated, getting ready for 2017. We will still do our personal taxes. In AgExpert, you will have another enterprise set up and keep all accounts separate from personal. Have you been long time partnership ABfarmer5 ?
                    No, not long time partnership, I see that issue come up on here, but it wasn't a concern to our accountant, should it have been?

Comment

Ag Expert for years now

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        Recently incorporated, and need to upgrade from using spreadsheets. online for a monthly fee seems to be the big push, but I'd far rather buy it once than pay forever. I also see genuinely free software. What do you use, and does it really matter? Will not be doing taxes ourselves anymore, just record keeping.
                        Hello AlbertaFarmer5. We have a free trial version of AgExpert Analyst available for you to try anytime. We would be more than happy for you to contact us and see how we may be able to assist you.

1-800-667-7893

[URL="https://www.fcc-fac.ca/en/tools-and-resources/fcc-management-software/agexpert-analyst.html#OVERVIEW"]https://www.fcc-fac.ca/en/tools-and-resources/fcc-management-software/agexpert-analyst.html#OVERVIEW[/URL]

Comment

We use AgExpert as well, it is all encompassing if you want it to be. We don't even use it to it's full potential. We could get by with something alot simpler and easier.

I guess it depends on how intense you want your book keeping to be. But I would say it is a Cadillac(Escalade, tweety)accounting program.

Comment

Here is a video from Farm Credit Canada on AgExpert software.

kobayasd provided a link and telephone number above - Farm Credit Canada provides excellent service as well.

Comment

Partnership is the only ship which doesn't float.

Iceman out

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.