• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Premium Storage Buildings experience?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our old shop bit the dust this year so we built a Goodon building this spring. It cost exactly what they quoted. They dropped off the materials on Friday afternoon. Monday morning some trucks full of guys pulled into the yard and Wednesday at noon they were gone. Would recommend them to anyone.

Comment

We had a Behlen High profile 50X80..Colapsed under snow load...

Be sure to ad that to your insurance policies...

That is why we went post sheds with extra strong rafters..and snow load coverage...

The old behlen was built by their crews so it was no fault of ours..

Comment

Had a Prairie Post Frame building put up this year, same specs as Goodons but a little cheaper. Another Hutterite enterprise - can't believe how much they have the building trade in MB sown up. Can Am colony at Margaret owns Can-American corrugating, Prairie Post Frame, a concrete and steel company in Brandon among others. Then the Versa Frame tin manufacturers are Hutterite too.
        Happy with the Prairie Post building, Hutterite organisation and materials, outside contractors put it up.
        They built a new fire hall in town this year too - $100k cheaper than the other quotes is the rumour.

Comment

I believe Prairie Post Frame is Irvin Goodon (original Goodon buildings) and his son. They compete directly with Goodon Industries. Anyone would well with either buildings.

Grassfarmer, I have it on good authority that re the Belmont Fire Hall, Prairie Post was not 100K lower than Goodons'. There were some unseemly local politics by one of your neighbours.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
            I believe Prairie Post Frame is Irvin Goodon (original Goodon buildings) and his son. They compete directly with Goodon Industries. Anyone would well with either buildings.

Grassfarmer, I have it on good authority that re the Belmont Fire Hall, Prairie Post was not 100K lower than Goodons'. There were some unseemly local politics by one of your neighbours.
            I see Irvin Goodon is a salesman for them in the US but I believe it is a Can-Am owned company, certainly the materials are produced, put together and delivered by the colony members. I'm aware of the local politics. Never a dull moment in small town politics lol!

Comment

bought one of those ritche bros. cheapo ones 30x85, 2,250 $
              the fabric is pretty light, not long for this world
              it was easy enough to build,
              the structure itself i think is questionable.

i put it on a treated 4ft. pony wall.
              in a big wind this spring , the the pipes were moving like 6 inches .
              about 12 ft. up

it is doing the job . but for how log?
              i could see a heavy fabric , structurally better building lasting a long time.
              but for the price of them,
              your close to putting up a building

Comment

Originally posted by Daylate View Post

Or build something that doesn't rot that will be there for many many generations. Precast concrete walls. Behlen roof going on it right now.
                What is your R value? How is it finished inside and on the outside? Where is the vapor barrier?

Comment

Worst

Can't say my experience with Goodon was a good one. To start with their pricing consisted of an unorganized salesman who talks all about himself. That should of tipped me off not to use them. But then my building was delivered without a phone Call from anyone. Them when I had leaks the owners yelled at me over the phone when I wanted it fixed. Bad experience!!!

Comment

I had good on build me a shop 20 years ago. I wouldn't have them do another for me. It moves in the wind. I expect a failure one day. I have considered adding on an addition but I think the roof trusses probably weren't built to much of a standard and could take the weight if I teed in the addition I am pretty sure they never used kiln dried wood for strapping. Left over boards were corkscrews two weeks after they left.

My brother built an integrity building as have neighbors. They are a very good building.

Comment

Our experience with Goodon was nothing but good. Salesmen here however have no interest in their job at all . Went above them to owners and minor problems we had were fixed immediately .I would not deal with them again if I had to go through same salesmen here

Comment

Neighbour put up a Goodon similar to my Prairie Post and was less pleased with the result - quality of construction poorer and had a hassle getting them to come back to repair some things that weren't up to standard. Just small things but irritating considering the money involved.

Comment

Satisfied customer

I have dealt with the three “major” post frame companys.
                          I personally found integrity to be over priced and their concrete posts have been designed to have a breaking point !!!
                          After researching and talking with my colleagues (one is in engineering) they were basically trying to sell me something that has a flawed design and is out to lunch in pricing. I can’t see this company being around for 20 more years. The worst has yet to come for them as I firmly believe their buildings are going to have major issues over time.

Prairie Post.. The price reflects the workmanship. They will let just about anyone build for them with little to no experience and you can run a crew.. scary.. I am weary of a company that operates as such. A neighbor had one built and there is no comparison between mine and theirs. Lots of flaws and shotty workmanship.

Now for likely my biased opinion... I went with Goodon Industires because of their reputation and years in the industry. I had them build my 80x200x20 shop with interior package.
                          I have a mezzanine and a cantilever off the office. Not an easy build. The salesman and the crew were incredible and I would recommend these guys to anyone in the market. The office staff was nice and easy to deal with and didn’t treat me like “just another customer” I felt my business meant something to you them.

They have been around for like 50 years or something and it definitely shows by how efficient they operate. I will be building another machine shed this spring and took advantage of their free door. So far my experience on my new endeavour is just like the last one.

T

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Agriculture View Post
                            I have dealt with the three “major” post frame companys.
                            I personally found integrity to be over priced and their concrete posts have been designed to have a breaking point !!!
                            After researching and talking with my colleagues (one is in engineering) they were basically trying to sell me something that has a flawed design and is out to lunch in pricing. I can’t see this company being around for 20 more years. The worst has yet to come for them as I firmly believe their buildings are going to have major issues over time.

Prairie Post.. The price reflects the workmanship. They will let just about anyone build for them with little to no experience and you can run a crew.. scary.. I am weary of a company that operates as such. A neighbor had one built and there is no comparison between mine and theirs. Lots of flaws and shotty workmanship.

Now for likely my biased opinion... I went with Goodon Industires because of their reputation and years in the industry. I had them build my 80x200x20 shop with interior package.
                            I have a mezzanine and a cantilever off the office. Not an easy build. The salesman and the crew were incredible and I would recommend these guys to anyone in the market. The office staff was nice and easy to deal with and didn’t treat me like “just another customer” I felt my business meant something to you them.

They have been around for like 50 years or something and it definitely shows by how efficient they operate. I will be building another machine shed this spring and took advantage of their free door. So far my experience on my new endeavour is just like the last one.

T
                            A poorly disguised advertisement by Goodon industries. Who digs up a two year old thread to comment on it????

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                              A poorly disguised advertisement by Goodon industries. Who digs up a two year old thread to comment on it????
                              I googled post frame buildings and it took me to this forum. The last comment from LAST year seemed relevant enough to share my opinion.

I LOVE my F-150 it’s above all other trucks.. does that mean I also work for Ford ?

Comment

it was funny , bought our third kohler auger motor (gluten for punishment , I guess?) and it was stalling when load applied , so I googled "kohler engine stalling" and my very own thread I started "cold weather tips" from 2 years ago, was the first thing to come up ' (felt kinda special, lol) so I resurrected it . , and got more useful info out of it . THE POWER OF AGRIVILLE ,!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...