• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious tb development

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious tb development

Alberta tb positive cow was a strain from Mexico! Likely a mix up in carcasses on the line (accidentally on purpose)doubtful the cow was holidaying in Mexico!
    Fodder to reinstate COOL.

False flag

Comment

Reports I'm seeing say there are 5 more confirmed cases in the herd of origin so I'm guessing the type of TB last detected in Mexico has made it's way here?

Comment

Thats really weird. Not a lot of cattle coming north from Mexico though. Roping steers perhaps? Or maybe it's in the states and hasn't been found yet. It's hard to imagine it just magically jumped a whole country. Looks like a good detective is needed on this one.

Comment

Rodeo stock moves around quite a bit.

I haven't found anything on Alberta Beef about there being more animals testing positive yet. Has anyone heard anything about them testing the Elk?

I don't think it would be hard for it to jump a country so to say, in wildlife. But if it has, that means it's probably left a trail across America as well, which is a daunting thought.

Comment

Without scapegoating anyone how transmissible is TB? Would it travel on someone's dirty boots?

Comment

Around Riding Mountain National Park the sharing of hay bales is considered a major culprit. Fenced hay yards are used. Other than that I think it's mainly airborn. It's a hazard for packing plant employees handle lungs too. carried on boots is something I haven't heard mentioned.

Here in Manitoba hunters submit deer and elk lung samples for testing. It's an easy way to check the wildlife.

Comment

Reaching out to North West Saskatchewan now, really ugly!

Comment

Originally posted by SCS View Post
                  Reaching out to North West Saskatchewan now, really ugly!
                  Where in the North West? I can't find anything that's said it's made it farther than the "less than 5" locations in south west Saskatchewan.

Comment

Wait and see, needles on Tuesday, read on Friday and depopulated because of 17 cows in pasture effected five years ago. Could really spider web out from PF pastures! Real ugly for no reason!

Comment

Holy shit which pf pasture?

Comment

The last of the cows left for slaughter today, if they to come up clean there will no more depopulation! So far all have been good!

Comment

And now all calves are gone!

Comment

Sorry to hear that SCS, must have been traumatic for you. Seems like a bit of overkill, if you excuse the expression, testing tens of thousands of cattle and then slaughtering them despite having only found the 6 cases in one herd. How many thousand more are going to be slaughtered?

Comment

Gosh cfia is using the same response regime from the bse days except you can live test for tb. Shame SCS your guys herds had to go down.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.