• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar Lacombe needs your help...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar Lacombe needs your help...

Brief Update on Oscar Lacombe
    -----------------------------

A great start! In the first week 544 people sent the One-Click letter asking their MLA, Ralph Klein and the whole Alberta cabinet to stop prosecuting Oscar Lacombe for defying the gun registry.

In one week almost 15,000 One-Click messages went to Alberta's political decision-makers, and our sources inside the Alberta legislature say it got huge attention. Provincial Attorney General David Hancock is under mounting pressure from MLAs and cabinet colleagues to explain himself.

Poor Dave. He must either admit he was wrong and withdraw his consent for the charges against Lacombe, or continue insisting (against all
    evidence) this is Ottawa's baby and there's nothing Alberta can do.

On Wednesday Lacombe's lawyer, Richard Fritze, complained to the judge that the reversal of Alberta's prosecution policy constitutes "abuse of process." The judge has agreed to consider it, and Alberta's prosecuting agent, Michelle Doyle, has until February 13 to reply. This delays the Lacombe verdict, which is good.

It means the pressure on Dave "there's-nothing-I-can-do" Hancock can keep growing.

If Alberta stays the Criminal Code charges (something Hancock can do tomorrow), it's a black eye for Ottawa and the gun registry. The feds will then have to let Oscar go, or charge him themselves under the Firearms Act, exposing it to a Charter challenge.

We are in touch with several individuals who have presented detailed "yes-or-no" questions through their MLAs to force Hancock to answer some basic questions. We'll keep you posted on anything he says.

This campaign is at a crucial stage. Oscar needs more people to send the one-click letter to MLAs and cabinet ministers next week.

We're going to start inserting an Oscar Lacombe flyer in Alberta weekly newspapers to keep the One-Click letters flowing in to the Alberta cabinet.

This will take a couple weeks to have an impact, so let's keep up the momentum in the meantime by forwarding this email to those who might be interested in sending a letter.

To send your letter, simply go to www.citizenscentre.com/oscar.html

NEXT WEEK'S GOAL - 250 more letters!!! Which is over 6,000 more messages!!!

Postscript: To prevent abuse, the One-Click program allows a particular campaign letter to be sent only once from any e-mail address. If you have off-line friends who want to help, open a free hotmail address for them on your own computer and get them involved.

- Link Byfield

Citizens Centre for Freedom and Democracy
    Suite 203, 10441 - 178 Street
    Edmonton, AB T5S 1R5
    Phone: 780-481-7844
    Toll Free: 1-866-666-6768
    Fax: 780-481-9983
    contact@citizenscentre.com

The Oscar Lacombe Campaign
    www.citizenscentre.com/oscar.html

The Klein Tories should be totally ashamed of themselves on this one! Talk about dealing out of both sides of your mouth!
    Right now Mcclelland and Jablonski are going around the province "listening" to Albertans about whether they want to change how Alberta deals with the feds. You know the police, income tax, pensions. And at the same time they pull this stunt! What kind of message does that send? Klein said he would not be prosecuting any gun registration laws. Then he charges this old boy??? And tries to pass it off that the feds are doing it? What hypocracy! What a liar!
    I have become convinced this crew of double dealing, wasteful, den of thieves have to go! They are a blight on Alberta!

Comment

I would like to applaud you Mr Byfield for your great work on this travisty (carry on ).
      Cowman I sure aM GLAD TO SEE ANOTHER PERSON that thinks as I . I was feeling lonely here in alta not being a Ralphite . I keep hoping there will be a change but the more rediculas this govmt is the more determined the torres are to try to prove they are not brain dead in voting for Ralph.

Comment

The sad thing is who do you vote for? My Tory MLA is basically a complete dud. Makes no waves and tells us what Ralph wants. I live in a very conservative riding. The people here will not vote NDP or Liberal! So what can you do?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...