• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you file your Income Tax?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you file your Income Tax?

The majority of producers use the services of an Accountant for completing and filing their annual personal and/or corporate income tax return.

A growing number of producers are inquirying about electronic filing of their tax returns from their accounting/tax software.

How do you file your tax return? Do you use an Accountant or do it yourself? What are the advantages of either method in your mind?

What are the additional services that your Accountant offers - beyond compliance income tax filing - that you have utilized?

I've never known any of my friends and farming community to not use an accountant. They are just too busy farming. Also, the tax package most accountants offer over-laps with so many gov't programs that most producers seem more content to just pay for the services and let the powers that be determine their gov't checks. I am not happy to do that. However, I too am just getting to busy to handle all the paperwork. It seems hightime that someone offer to help farmers through the process with continually updated software with all the latest gov't programs, their application forms, the latest tax laws and an online couselling system to help with filling it all out. But, the young and educated farmers will feel that someone is out to **** them for another dollar if only because that is always how it has worked to this time.
    Glad to see someone questioning how things are done though!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.