• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling Osama Bin Laden

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling Osama Bin Laden

Am sitting here this morning contemplating the state of agriculture in this country and getting madder by the minute. I have watched the grain industry disintegrate rapidly before my vaery old and tired eyes. I have watched the very rewarding and simple industry of producing beef turn into a senseless waste of money and time. It used to be an industry where people were able to extract a second income in my case from otherwise waste land. It kept me on the farm full time all these years without having to have a full time off farm job. But we have all yielded to progress. We have stood back and allowed society to plunder and decimate a once proud and viable industry all for the personal gain of huge multi national corporations and government bureaucrats(forgot huge canadain financial institutions that are above the law per say) Yes we have all stood by and being conned into believing that the road to prosperity would be through modernization and efficiencies that would be garnered through this. Well we have been duped big time the only ones to profit have been everybody else but the farrmer that become more efficent. Now we have farmers trying to figure out how to produce beef cows on land selling for $1200 per acre and other farmers trying to produce grain at 1930's prices (in real terms adjusted for inflation) As I continue to ponder the situation I am beginning to think that I have more in common with Osama Bin Laden then the powers that be in this country or for that matter the rest of our society. Pretty sad commentary on our whole system isn't it!!!!!!

Well Carebear, I guess we are an example of how not to manage an economy. It just isn't farming. How many other industries have we lost to short sited politicians and the foreign corporate structure? Remember when the tag made in Canada meant a quality product? Now it is hard to find anything "Made in Canada"!
    The fact of the matter is the "free market" system hasn't been free for a long time. Capitalism is out and out greed where anything goes. It needs to be balanced with rules and regulations that don't allow the powerful and greedy to prey on the weak. The USA actually protects their industry a whole lot better than Canada. Anti-trust laws, open discovery laws. None of which we have here, or a least very weak ones!

Comment

I sure hear what you are saying, and see it more and more. The thing that I am having a little challenge understanding is that you can talk to producers across Canada and they all seem to know somehow we have had the short end of the stick for some time now!

We all put energy into our farms across this country and now it's time to put some energy into fixin the problem. So my question is "Why aren't we doing it? The government may help but we have hung our hats there before (and look what happened). At the end of the day we know we are going to pay the price one way or the other, if we are going to pay the price maybe we should get a return on the investment!

Comment

I know your thoughts on this problem Valuechain and I do agree with you. However all of us need to understand this country is run for a "power elite" and not for your average Canadian Joe. If you get around them one way they will use their political henchmen to change the laws. This power elite is centered in central Canada and they've always been there; always will be there! We literally can never win as long as we are part of this country.
        We need our own country. And we need to keep out these thieves.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.