• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your AV name come from?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did your AV name come from?

I always wondered where the pen name, "Cottonpicken" came from and then I thought, all of our names mean something to us. Mine, "Sumdumguy" comes from a friend at work who coined it for me when we were at a Chinese restaurant. Now Parsley, I'm pretty sure her name has something to do with her hair (LOL) but she'll correct me if I am wrong. How about the rest of you?

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    I always wondered where the pen name, "Cottonpicken" came from and then I thought, all of our names mean something to us. Mine, "Sumdumguy" comes from a friend at work who coined it for me when we were at a Chinese restaurant. Now Parsley, I'm pretty sure her name has something to do with her hair (LOL) but she'll correct me if I am wrong. How about the rest of you?
    I wanted to ask a question on NAT, and needed to create a login name. I wanted it to be descriptive of my area, so I used Alberta Farmer. with no intention of using it ever again except for that question. Later joined here and wanted to use the same name so I could remember it, but 4 people had the same idea before me, so I ended up with 5 instead.

Comment

just thought there was too many green references on here so did it for a joke ! lol

Comment

Stone picking was always my job as a kid, hence the name stonepicker. Still don't mind picking stones.

Comment

Just a poor farmer who likes to pour the odd whiskey when it won't quit pouring rain outside.

Comment

Was trying to think of a name and had an issue of The Furrow on the desk at the time . Plus my strong belief that healthy soil grows healthy crops all starts in the seed furrow .

Comment

Mine is the name of the old school division from our area. Dad went to the one room, that was a mile east of the yard until he finished gr. 6 in 1968. Even though i've only been incorporated 5 1/2 years or so, Helmsdale Farms became my farm name. Was actually surprised no-one had taken it earlier.

Comment

Loose reference to canola and my skill on the volleyball court

Comment

Farming used to be my passion which turned into an addiction... and like any other addiction there comes a time you know you shouldn't be doing it anymore because of the negative impact on your well being, but can't quit and continue to do it .....hence farmaholic.

Sad part is I wouldn't have to do it! Rent it out and let someone else slam their head against the wall...in fact they say farming is like banging your head against a wall.... it only feels good after you quit.

Things seemed to be fine until I became better informed, the energy and niavety of youth are gone... replaced with maturity and wisdom(some will definitely argue).... I am no longer blinded by ambition but my eyes have been opened by experience.

Good luck harvesting fellows... take care and be safe!
                  Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 7, 2016, 09:12.

Comment

Name of my great uncle, first in the family to set foot in canada.

Comment

A man and wife who share everything together.from harvest to washing dishes. From crop planning to taking turns vacuuming the house.
                      Wearing matching clothes to riding matching ski doo's.
                      Together 24/7.

Comment

My sister was teaching in Taiwan years ago and I needed an email address to comunicate with her. I had the most wheat acres seeded ever for myself that year so sask wheating it was. seemed fitting to use it here as well.

I always got a kick out of hopper bin for a handle.there is alot of good ones on here. Really good imagination out there!

Comment

Letters from an off farm company I started several years ago and now I have partners involved hence the #1 after letters.

Comment

Inherited it. Had I chosen it, it would have fit with long ago, and far away teaching days

Has nothing to do with looking up facts, so gasfarmer is wrong again, and that is a fact. lol Only hope to maintain all my errors.

All the red ink circles. (sigh!)

Comment

My Dad's expression (to my knowledge he never used swear words) when things went south.
                              Kinda tells my farming ability.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.