• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your AV name come from?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kato was our cat. She got her name because we are Inspector Cluseau fans, and she like to ambush people.

Comment

I used this handle because I am the 4th generation to farm our land. Not that creative but it seemed fitting!

Comment

No story, just our initials, but enjoyed all yours.

Comment

Cotton got me sifting through archived emails I have in offsite storage.
          Some of you collect "stones" - I collect old emails.
          Some of the email exchanges that Chad (Cotton) and I had are hilarious.

I was LarryWeber until 2002 and someone decided (Charlie??) they didn't like anyone using real names.
          I was Incognito ( as in username Incognito) for about 5 years after and have been LWeber since about 2008.

And just like that - 15 years have flown by...

Comment

I grew commercial herbs for a long time. Swathed many of them. Dried them in a drying shed. Air and heat. Cleaned them. Screened them. Graded them. Bagged them. Summer savoury. Thyme. Coriander. Anise. Basil. Garlic. Lemon basil. etc. Parsley was one of the herbs. Loved it. Gotta have a good sense of smell for growing herbs and spices. Parsley.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
              Kato was our cat. She got her name because we are Inspector Cluseau fans, and she like to ambush people.
              My gawd, that's delicious.

Comment

Parsley, do you grow Tarragon? Excellent with rice cooked in chicken stock and a bit of butter.... delectable---even better if you throw in some good old Saskatchewan wild rice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Parsley, do you grow Tarragon? Excellent with rice cooked in chicken stock and a bit of butter.... delectable---even better if you throw in some good old Saskatchewan wild rice!!!
                  Yes. I used to continuous-harvest a large patch of perennial French tarragon. And dried it etc. Really good products. Herbs are fascinating to grow. They expel their essential oils and then breathe them back in a again. Fascinating agriculture.

Comment

I'm not very creative so used parts of my last name.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

......not too flattering of a nickname....should have showered with warmer water.
                      Thats what i meant, I was always eating nibs in the dressing room. What did you guys think??

Comment

Love the stories, keep them rolling.

Not too creative here. 71 is year I was born.

Yes, that makes me 28 years old.

Great story Parsley.

Comment

Was a great year farmgal ... lol
                          Might have to change mine to furrow71

Comment

Present.... really self explanatory LOL

Comment

True story...I milked cows.

When I was about 7 my older brother would watch me go to the barn with the pale on my head .....he started buckethead and got shortened from that over the years.....

I still respond to it in places...

Comment

Holy crap bucket. ...I have a funny story too. After school I had to do chores...we used to gather the eggs in an ice cream pail. So one day I head out, like you, with this pail on my head....then not remembering I had it on my head I go back to the house and ask for the egg pail! Maybe I should have been nick-named egg head?

If you can't laugh at yourself....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.