• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ontario wheat industry is booming

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ontario wheat industry is booming

The renewed open market for wheat is functioning well in Ontario. Farmers planted 800 000 acres of wheat this past fall despite wet weather and late bean harvest. The processing and baking industry is running flat out with fresh new and expansion capital flowing into assets. The wheat crop this year was a record with record yields and a strong market prices to boot. Farmers also got paid 7 - 10 days after they delivered AND with that money planted wheat again.

See the healthy cycle that is being created here. More hard wheats are also being grown in Ontario that directly replace the hard wheat from
    mother government grain company.

Set wheat free in the west and the same thing will happen as we are enjoying in Ontario.

Free wheat in the west.

eatmore: the nfu fought hammer and tong for THE TWO PRICE WHEAT SYSTEM that saw wheat planted heavy duty into your northern clay belt. $8.00 milldoor almost 20 years ago. I know because Katepawa wheat was being shipped down there for seed big time. Then, it was a reality of policy causing distortion, now it is based on best price closest to the big market. Enjoy it California and Oregon used to be the Wheat capital of north america. Things change.

Comment

Eatmorewheat;

Thanks for the update.

THe CWB claims Ontario farmers lost $15/t this year by having marketing choice... in theory of course!

It is much better to create wealth, options for crop rotations, and freedom... than cry over something supposedly lost, that cannot be proven existed in the first place.

Central Comand and Control economys will never provide the innovation and creativity to actually increase wealth in this world. Interesting that even God gives freedom of choice...

I guess the CWB Directors think they are smarter than God. Pride cometh before the fall.

Eatmorewheat:

All the Best in 2004!

Free Wheat in the West!!!

Comment

I'm not sure where you got the idea that farmers got paid in 7-10 days. SOME did, but we shipped all our wheat by the end of July and got paid late in September and most in this area were in a similar situation. Wheat acres seem about constant here.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.