• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hired Hand

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hired Hand

I was wondering, there must be alot of you that have hired hands working on your farm/ranch. What should a hired hand make /year or /hour for a 5500 acres grain farm 300 head cow/calf operation. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Check up on agricultural websites like agricareers.com and look for a similar job with a salary mentioned. Good Luck

Comment

well i have looked around at ag-career sites but haven't found much luck for ones in western canada, lots in the states, hard to compare i think. Anyone else got some ideas?

Comment

I feel that the first thing you should do is ask yourself what you would be willing to work for???? It also depends on hours per day and if there are any side benefits(fuel accomidation etc)Also there is an added benefit of the farming lifestyle being able to go golfing at noon and work later. We pay $2200 per month. With extra being paid at harvest with the extra hours.Usually we encourage employees to take acouple of months off in the winter and get some extra education!!!! hope this helps.

Comment

A study was done in 2000 of farm labour rates in Alberta. The average wage rates per hour were as follows:

Poultry worker - $12.90
          Specialized poultry worker - $8.55
          Owner/manager (poultry) - $39,000/year

Swine herdsperson - $12.55
          General farm labourer (swine) - $10.75
          Management (swine) - $19.90

General farm labour (cattle) - $12.50
          Pen Checker - $12.50
          Feed truck driver - $12.50
          Farm manager (cattle) - $13.50

Comment

• Reply to this Thread