• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beautiful Farming Video: LaRosh Farms Wheat Harvest 2016

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful Farming Video: LaRosh Farms Wheat Harvest 2016

Hi Joe,

I hope you're doing well. It's a bit later this year, but I've completed the 5th installment of the LaRosh harvest film. It has a little different feel than the others, and in some ways is more family oriented. Hope you enjoy it.

Unfortunately, Rusty the farm dog was run over and died doing what he loved-- chasing trucks. This happened just a few days after I got some footage of him at the field. We'll miss him.

Doug Armknecht
    LaRosh Farms

From the fields of Osborne County, Kansas, here is the latest edition of wheat harvest on the LaRosh family farm.

Directed by Doug Armknecht

Starting in winter, this film opens by showing how the wheat in a single field grows and develops each month. Then the music builds to a crescendo as harvest time is reached.

Scenes at harvest time range from sweeping aerials to more intimate views of wheat, machinery, and people.

This area has been farmed by LaRoshes for over 100 years. Corn, soybeans, milo/sorghum, and alfalfa are also grown here.

The combines are Case IH 8230 with Macdon d****r headers. Tractor is John Deere 8420 pulling a grain cart.

Aerial shots: DJI Phantom 3 pro
    Action shots: GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition
    Other shots: Sony A6000 mirrorless

Music:
    From "The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos" Arrival of the Birds Transformation Soda
    From "How to Train Your Dragon" This is Berk Test Drive

Excellent video joe! Enjoyable to watch. I appreciate people who take the time and effort to put these things together.

Comment

Very nice video.

Keep an eye on those kids!

Comment

Interesting video. 👍

Comment

Good video!!

Noticed that they also own a construction company as well, it was on one of the T-shirts. Farming is a tough go, many farms are diversified for various reasons.

Female combine operators, are always a good choice, this as meant as a complement, "Slow and steady wins the race".

Hope the dog didn't get run over!

Comment

"Unfortunately, Rusty the farm dog was run over and died doing what he loved-- chasing trucks. This happened just a few days after I got some footage of him at the field. We'll miss him."

You missed that forage.

Last year I thought there was a 9600 Deere, and I know they showed and OLD 55 Deere. Even the mother and daughter drove it along with the other two combining. Red is better.

Worlds apart, when we seed theirs is heading, they start combining in JUNE! That is harvest weather usually HOT/DRY.
            Last edited by fjlip; Sep 26, 2016, 09:05.

Comment

Livin the dream. Good for them.

Comment

forgey, regarding female operators, couldn't agree more, they have proven to me to be very careful and patient operators.

Comment

Wife combines 75% of our crop, son helps after work in town, me just opening fields transporting on road. Who else has girls driving? There are quite a few in this area, doing great.

Comment

Some good points mentioned.

I saw some safety stuff that made me cringe....

If Rusty was part Blue Heeler...that explains the chasing habit....

The older I get the more I operate machinery like a woman....that is an absolute compliment to women operators. Young men are rammy and drive with their balls not their brains....been there done that-EXPERIENCE!

Take care and harvest/work safe when you get back out there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...