• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks Grassfarmer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Grassfarmer

Thanks for giving us the that link to Westlock.
    I see a local market is $50 to $100 HIGHER than that market on a 10 hr haul.
    Think I'll wait till next week to see how that holds up.
    Do all markets still report Bullshit prices to create a fall run?

Not sure I follow you greybeard? Some of the reports I like for their comments but the only 2 that I really have any faith in for being detailed and honest are Calgary Stockyards and Dryland, Veteran. Some of you that have been around Canadian auctions longer than me maybe have different opinions.

Comment

Ste. Rose has a good report that is reflective of the Manitoba market. Myles tosses in comments once in a while too.

http://www.srauction.ca/market-report/

Comment

Thanks for that Kato, still finding out sources of info in Manitoba. I don't like their "Top Quality, Large lots, well managed" criteria attached to the prices they list though. Without sitting through a few sales you don't know how many cattle they are excluding from the sales report.
        I believe both the Alberta sites I listed show all the cattle sold worked into the average. I particularly like Veterans reports eg last sale steers 750-799lb ranged from $1 to $1.875 to average $1.6689 on 9 head and the average weight of the 9 was 781lbs.
        It also shows the one 400-449lb heifer sold made 10c/lb at 405lbs. I like full disclosure!

Comment

The show list report from Ste. Rose is good useful info, the general market reports that are not detailed such as dryland's is are almost useless in my opinion.

Comment

Oops, my bad. I see when you click on the "Complete Excel sale report" it does give you the detailed break down of weights prices and averages. They don't really jive with the prices shown on the abbreviated version though. And the showlist sales have more details too. Thanks folks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.